Chapter 21: Ranking

(Your POV)
"Hey (Y/N), what is your biggest fear?"

"Being forgotten by those I love."

"Damn, that's deep, I'm honestly afraid of a world without breasts but now I feel stupid."

All of us were walking towards the school since today was a school day. I decided to pick up Issei on our way to school since it was on our way, despite the fact that Rias doesn't like him because of the rumors and Asia sees him as a third wheel. Still, Issei was one of my only guy friends (the other ones being Kiba and Jormungandr), and I was walking to school with him because he would have been alone if I didn't. I was currently going through my spellbook to memorize more spells, despite the fact I have only memorized 10 out of the hundreds in this spell book, Rias still praised me and gave me headpats whenever I completely memorized a spell. She did have to use a stool if I was standing up, but they felt nice.

As we approached the gates, I noticed a lack of people at the entrance. I would have assumed another picture of Kiba shirtless was being put on display, but he wasn't here for the last couple days, making obtaining the picture close to impossible. I did see someone standing outside the gates, but he wasn't wearing a uniform to the academy, it didn't take a genius to realize this was an enemy.

"Well hello there, Red Dragon Emperor." His voice was familiar, and I realized this was the white dragon emperor. "I never have introduced myself have I? My name is Vali, the white dragon emperor."

In response to this, Xenovia, Kiba, and I wasted no time and ensured Vali was not a threat

In response to this, Xenovia, Kiba, and I wasted no time and ensured Vali was not a threat. Kiba and Xenovia summoned their blades and pointed them at Vali's throat as I stood defensively in front of everyone with my desert eagle in one hand and a Kazekami knuckle on my other hand. I aimed my gun at Vali, who barely reacted to us.

"Your blades are trembling." Vali looked at the swords before focusing on me, then he raised an eyebrow. "You, the selkie, you're not showing a hint of being scared, consider me impressed."

"State your business and leave." I demanded, and I wasn't scared because nothing could kill me, much less some overdramatic guy. "I will not hesitate to kill you."

"You wouldn't hesitate, but I don't think you could kill me." Vali smirked and out of nowhere, my left eye was pulled out of its socket in an instant, and I had no idea what it was.

"(Y/N)!" Rias rushed over to me as I put a hand over my injury, despite the fact Rias had one hand on my shoulder, my healing factor wasn't kicking in, it was moving way too slow. "Kiba, Xenovia, stand down, I don't want either of you to get hurt."

"A wise decision." Vali then moved onto the original subject of conversation. "Issei, where do you think you stand in terms of ranking. I'd say you'd rank somewhere between 1,000 or 1,500, possibly even lower. Your selkie friend outranks you, I'd guess he's placed anywhere between 950-1,200, and ranks in the top hundred in terms of defense alone."