Chapter 77: A Lot Can Change In A Month

(Your POV)
The deep blue waves crashed against the rocky cliff.

I dove off the cliff wearing my usual wetsuit and carrying a black plastic bag. My entry into the water caused a splash. I opened my eyes and looked around the ocean, noticing how there was more trash. I have delayed my duties too long, so now is the time to pick up trash in the ocean. it's been too long since I've swam in the deep blue ocean, a month has passed since the trip to Kyoto. Everyone went back to their home countries, was in charge of their respective regions, and a couple more people were added into my Peerage. Quetzalcoatl, Paul, Coyote, and Nootaikok handled North America. Souri, Pinocchio, Lorelei, Cernunnos, Galahad, and William handled Europe. Yozakura, Sarah, and Nahele (Nahele wanted to go to Australia for some reason) took Australia for the time being. Hua, Jiang, Sangkuriang and Hanuman took care of Asia (the continent). However the most understaffed regions are Africa, Australia(with no official members), and South America. Anubis and Mwindo are taking care of Africa on their own, while Nemo has to protect South America. I should probably recruit others from those places to give them a hand. Onihime, Ayako, Unohanna, and Kankuro also joined my peerage, but they stayed in Japan to finish their education. Tojuro joined too, but he went to China to meet Lu Bu. Snapping myself out of this recollection, I rose my head through the water and the first thing I noticed was that I was face to face with a boat. On the boat was a pair of Hawaiian fishermen. I looked around me and noticed how I couldn't see Japan at all, but in the distance I saw some islands.

"Hello, could you take this trash bag?" I held up the trash bag in question out of the water, confusing the fishermen.

"Um...sure?" Thankfully, one of the fishermen was capable of speaking Japanese. "Also, how are you all the way out here?"

"I swam." I answered as one of the captains took my black plastic bag. "I was lost in thought while I was picking up trash in the ocean."

"Where are you from?" The Hawaiian fisherman opened the trash bag to examine it's contents, only noticing it was plastic, tires, and other garbage.

"Kuoh." I answered, and I noticed the man started thinking.

"Weird, I don't think that's an island..." The man thought that Kuoh was in Hawaii. Maybe I should say 'hi' to Pele while I'm here.

"It isn't, Kuoh is a town in Japan." I corrected, and the man looked mildly terrified of me.

"So you mean to tell me that you swam all the way from Japan, to Hawaii?" The man was in disbelief.

"Yes." I then looked at my waterproof watch. "I must go, I have friends waiting for me back home, so long."

"Wait, are you the reincarnation of Maui?"

"No, I am (Y/N)."

I dove back into the water, and something tells me those guys think I'm the reincarnation of Maui. I think he was reincarnated, assuming he died from vagina teeth, which is another topic itself. I sometimes forget I am stronger now than I was before becoming a devil, and in those times, I end up swimming somewhere far away, in fact, I went to Russia a little while back. I swam back to my home in Kuoh, where everyone was waiting for me. Another thing that's worth mentioning is that I was put in charge of Issei's peerage, meaning I was able to recruit people. Xenovia and Rossweisse both joined Issei's peerage as a knight and rook respectively. I reached the dock underneath the cliff, noticing how there were wooden steps leading into the waters, allowing me to walk up the wooden steps and out of the ocean. I brushed my fingers through my wet hair to get it out of my face, noticing how it now reached down to my shoulders now. Back when I first became a devil, it was possibly shorter than Issei's. I didn't have any towels, so I used my elemental magic to shoot steam out of all the pores of my body. The warm vapor dried me off, but now my hair was poofy. Once I was dry, I decided to go up the stone steps to my mansion, which were installed by me using magic to alter the stones of the mountain. After five minutes of climbing, I reached the backyard, which was connected to not only the stone steps I made to traverse the cliff, but also the smooth, slope path that goes down to the beach. I noticed that seagulls were perched on the rooftop, and as I took a moment to look at the seagulls, a familiar white haired woman walked towards me carrying a yellow folder. "(Y/N), the reports came in from everyone's conditions." Rossweisse pretty much became my right hand woman since Yozakura left, which means she helps me with communications and paperwork. "I didn't open it, since it may be classified."