Chapter 84: New Opportunity

(Your POV)
I woke up to the sound of arguing, not my favorite thing to wake up to. I sat up on my bed with my eyes still closed while I could hear Rias and Akeno arguing over something. I honestly thought Akeno was scolding Rias about something, but then I heard what they were arguing about. "Trying to give (Y/N) a morning kiss are you?" Rias was scolding Akeno with her arms crossed. "Well you're lucky I was spoiled by (Y/N) last night."

"Rias, we did nothing but lie in bed and watch anime on your laptop last night..." I recalled the events of last night, which consisted of me and Rias lying in bed with the covers on top of us, with a laptop on my lap while Rias held me and my body pillow by myself, while I held her and my seal plushie.

"Yeah but I got to spend it with you, and considering how you're my favorite person in the world, it was pretty much pure bliss doing my favorite thing with my favorite person." Rias pointed a finger at me, and since I'm still not good at taking compliments, I blushed and covered my face with my hands. "Still, his lips belong to me Akeno!"

"My my, quite possessive of him aren't you?" Akeno sat on the bed beside me before she suddenly began clinging to me as she blew into my ear. "I wonder what would happen if I let him let his guard down...maybe I'll eat him right up."

"Akeno, he said he'll only do lewd things with the person he marries." Rias pried Akeno off of me, which I was grateful for. "Please respect his space, he respects ours."

"I know I know, I'm just teasing." Akeno giggled. "I wanted to see how protective you were of him, Rias."

"Well-" Rias suddenly got a phone call, and the two of us looked at the screen and saw that it was Srizechs. "I'll be right back." Rias kissed my cheek before exiting the room.

"You know (Y/N), you've helped Rias in more ways than one." Akeno pointed out as the door to my bedroom closed. "Rias has been feeling down, but whenever you're around her, her mood instantly brightens up."

"Why is Rias feeling down?" I wondered, I wanted to help my girlfriend, so she could be happy.

"In your fight against Sairaorg, she felt useless, especially since you were forced to use a Phoenix Tear for her." Akeno went on while leaning on my shoulder. "She felt like a burden, and the fact she lost to a pawn doesn't help her."

"That pawn was the Regulus Nemea, a sacred gear that is basically immune to magic, Rias was out of her element." I knew Rias wasn't weak. "Plus she came up with those strategies."

"You wouldn't know this because you never use social media, but critics are saying Seekvaira and Sona's rating game was the real rating game while ours was a mess." Akeno noticed me looking at Hachiman, which was lying against the wall of my room. "(Y/N), you can't attack the news stations and influencers, you don't know where they live."

"Rias is too embarrassed to say it, but she wants to do this on her own, and she's hoping you'd be supporting her." Akeno pointed out. "Another thing she's been doing is contacting her brother to learn more about her power of destruction."

"I've watched some clips of Sirzechs rating games that Grayfia sent me, and I noticed how Rias and Sirzechs use it differently." I pointed out, and Akeno seemed concerned when I mentioned the fact I have Grayfia's number. "Before any misconceptions can begin, you can feel free to look through my phone at any given moment, I have nothing to hide."

"Is that so~?" Akeno asked and without a moment of hesitation, I handed her my phone and she began scrolling through it. "...You know, I was half expecting your conversations with Grayfia to be somewhat interesting, but instead I'm only seeing new cleaning techniques, pictures from the flower gardens, and you two exchanging pictures of your guy's cooking."