Chapter 25: The Meeting of the Three Factions

(Your POV)
We arrived in the room to see Sirzechs, Serafall, Micheal, and Azazel all sitting at a round table, facing each other while Grayfia, Sona, and Tsubaki overlooked the proceedings. I looked out the window and saw a barrier was out, and outside the barrier was a large group of fallen angels, angels, and devils. To be honest, I was nervous from the vibe this meeting was giving off, even I was starting to get scared. I stood between Rias and Akeno as we entered the conference room, and Rias must have noticed my nervousness. Since I felt nervous, I appeared to give off a murderous aura until Rias wrapped her hand around mine, and I got confused.

"Rias, is everything okay?" I asked, and the king nodded in response, but that didn't explain why she needed to hold my hand.

"I noticed you looked nervous, so I wanted to help you out." Rias informed me as the meeting officially started, and the vibe got infinitely more serious, like one wrong move could result in disastrous consequences.

"My my, look at you two getting romantic." Akeno teased with a slight grin, and in response, Rias held my hand tighter. "Now I'm starting to feel like a third wheel."

"I just happen to be nervous is all." Rias answered before Sirzechs introduced us to the rest of the group.

"Everyone, these are the peerages of Rias Gremory, my sister, and Issei Hyoudou, the Red Dragon Emperor." Sirzechs introduced us to the group, and everyone's eyes were on us. "They ran into Kokabiel, and even managed to kill him thanks to the combined efforts of (Y/N), Issei, and Rias."

"Sorry about all of that, Kokabiel has always been on the rebellious side and a thorn in my side for a while." Azazel apologized in a nonchalant manner. "I'm kind of glad you two managed to take care of him before Vali here had to step in."

"You can have a seat." Sirzechs pointed to the chairs behind him, and we all sat there, with me sitting between Asia and Rias.

The meeting went on, and given the previous encounters with fallen angels, I would have assumed Azazel was gonna pull something, but he didn't. I expected them to at least shout, but they remained surprisingly calm throughout the entire ordeal. I looked around and saw that Vali was leaning up against the wall behind Azazel, an unknown angel stood behind Micheal, and Sona stood behind Serafall. We didn't really do much until Rias was called up to explain what happened with Kokabiel. Rias let go of my hand and stood up.

"To oversimplify the events, it was Issei and (Y/N) who did most of the work." Rias explained. "(Y/N) cast a spell known as 'Call the Depths', which should have crushed him since he was focusing all the pressure that should have been on us onto himself. His healing abilities enhanced his body enough to keep up with Issei, who was in his Scale Mail state. (Y/N) held Kokabiel in place while I finished him off. Then Vali showed up."

"Thank you Rias." Sirzechs thanked his sister as Rias sat down next to me, and grabbed my hand almost instantly after she sat down. "Azazel, as the governor of the fallen angels, do you have anything to say about this?"

"Kokabiel did not act in the best interest of all fallen angels, in fact, it's likely he went against our interests for his own." Azazel rubbed the back of his neck to this. "I would have punished him, but unfortunately, the guy's dead now, so I can't really ask anything."

Maybe I should learn to tone back the murder, I feel as though I made Azazel's life harder.

"What about your opinions on Kokabiel's actions as a fallen angel?" Micheal asked, and Azazel chuckled nervously.

"Personally speaking, I wasn't a fan of Kokabiel's tactics." Azazel seemed to be telling the truth, but I was no expert when it came to reading people. "While I do like sacred gears, I'm not a fan of wars."