thirty

i couldn't be more excited to be going to australia soon because i needed a break from work. it was nice working with calum because i at least had someone who understood how stressful it was at the moment, but sometimes i wished i had a girl friend who i could rant to and hang out with. i really just needed a day to treat myself, but i didn't want to do it alone.

it was currently eleven on saturday and i still laid in bed, finding no motivation to move. i just felt mentally exhausted even after sleeping for nine hours and the idea of getting up just didn't sound pleasing. i knew luke was up already because i had heard him shuffling around and talking to petunia before he took her on a walk.

pulling the blankets up to my chin, i curled up and grabbed my phone, scrolling aimlessly through twitter. i didn't pay any attention to the amount of time that past and before i knew it their was a knock on my door before luke pushed it open. the small dog jumped up beside me beginning to sniff around excitedly as i turned toward the two with a smile.

"hello beautiful." i cooed, petting petunia's head as she licked my face.

"if only i could be loved like that.." luke sighed dramatically, placing his hand on his heart.

"good morning brat." i chuckled with a sassy smile causing the tall boy to glare at me.

"well i was coming to see if you were going to get up sometime today because i wanted to spend some time with my favorite girls, but on second thought, you can stay in bed with that attitude."

i rolled my eyes playfully at his comment, but i still found butterflies erupting in my stomach at him calling me his favorite girl.

"sorry lu, i'm just not in the best mood." i said, sitting with my back against the headboard. luke made his way over and laid beside me, leaning up on his elbow.

"work still getting to you?" he questioned, seemingly knowing me better than i knew myself. i nodded as a response and sighed.

"i just feel drained." he gave me a sympathetic smile, bringing his hand up to rest on my cheek.

"can i do anything? do you need anything?"

i smiled softly and shook my head. "what i need is a spa day." i said half jokingly.

"spa day from home. welcome to spa de luke." he smiled proudly sitting up. i laughed and shook my head.

"i'm okay luke really." i smiled at his thoughtfulness and leaned over pressing my lips to his cheek.

"cmon, it'll be fun." he gave me a goofy smile. "i'll run you a bath and we can do face masks and other spa stuff."

i laughed softly. "like paint our nails?" i questioned, raising my eyebrow.

"whatever you want." he nodded. i stretched my arms above my head with a yawn before shrugging.

"if you won't get bored." i chuckled causing the boy to roll his eyes.

"let's go bub." he smiled standing up, but i only pouted.

"carry me?" i asked sweetly, batting my eyelashes at him. with a smile, he leaned down and scooped me up, so i quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and my feet around his torso. he held me up by my thighs as he carried me into the kitchen, setting me down on the counter.

"first, breakfast. what would you like?" he asked, placing a hand on either side of me and leaning down to my eye level.

"we have pizza left over?" i hummed and he nodded with a laugh, going to grab it from the fridge.

"do you want it heated up?"

"no need." i giggled and jumped off the counter, coming up beside him to grab a piece of cold pizza before taking a bite.