twenty four

"hey lu?" i ask, earning his attention as he looks up from his phone.

"hm?" he asks, resting his hands on my legs that's rested in his lap.

"your birthday is coming up soon," i hummed curiously. "what do you want to do?"

the blonde groaned. "nothing." a chuckle escaped his lips but i knew he wasn't joking. luke hated his birthday.

"well i told the guys i would talk to you. we want to do something nice for our best friend." i nudged his arm gently.

"then you can all come spend the day here just like any other day and i'll be perfectly happy." i rolled my eyes playfully at his response.

"fine but i'm getting you a good gift to make up for it, and before you object, i'm doing it anyway because i want to thank you for everything you've done for me in the past couple months. it really means a lot to know i have someone who cares about me."

the blue eyed boy's smile grew wider as he moved my legs from his lap and pulled me closer to him. our legs were pressed together and his hand remained rested on my thigh. "i'll always care about you laila." his voice came out soft as he was not too far away from my ear.

my cheeks heated up at his words and i leaned my head on his shoulder, turning my head so it was buried in his neck. i felt his body shake slightly as he laughed softly.

"laila." he laughed, trying to pull me away from him so he could look at me. "come on let me see you."

i wrapped my arms around his neck to hold on tighter but it didn't help when he brought his rather large hands to rest on my waist. i found myself frozen as he squeezed gently before moving his hands up my sides at a very slow pace.

"laila," he hummed in a playfully warning tone, but i didn't move. "fine then i guess i'll just have to-" he quickly brought his hands back to my sides and began to tickle me, a smirk plastered on his lips the whole time.

"lucas!" i yelped instantly releasing my arm from around his neck as i tried to grab his hands to stop him.

"lu-luke please," i giggled out as i squirmed beside him.

"hmm, i don't know..." he chuckled already slowing down his actions but not ceasing completely.

"please," i whined. "i-i'll do anything!" immediately his fingers stopped and his hands rested on my sides again. my skin burned under his touch. i looked up at him as i tried to catch my breath from all the laughing.

"anything?" he asked gently, bringing up a hand to cup my chin.

"i mean i kind of just said that so you would stop torturing me lucas." i smiled sweetly. "but depending on what it is that you want, i guess i'll consider."

"that's not my name." he groaned with a playful eye roll.

"do you want something or not blondie?" i smirked, giving him a new nickname i knew he wouldn't like, only to earn another eye roll.

"fine," he chuckled rubbing his chin in thought before lighting up like a child on christmas morning. "i want a kiss." he tapped his finger on his cheek as he turned it in my direction. i easily leaned forward and pressed my lips on his cheek softly.

"are you happy now?" i whispered.

"a little," the blond hummed gently as he turned his head in my direction. there were now only inches between us as he spoke. "maybe, one more on the other-"

i cut him off by gently pecking his lips before pulling away. he sat stunned but i just grinned and stood from my place on the couch. i'd be lying if i didn't admit my hands were shaking a little and i could still feel the feeling of his lips lingering on mine. "happy now?"

he nodded quickly still looking at me with wide eyes. i sent him a smile before heading up to my room with a giggle.

after the little argument we had about daniel, we've been good, great actually. i told him about the whole conversation i had with my ex and luke apologized again for saying what he did. since then it's like i had my best friend back and i couldn't be happier. my head was also a lot clearer. i have accepted the fact that i will always have a part of me that loves what daniel and i had before it went bad and that was okay. i didn't have to torture myself over it. talking to daniel really did help me to see clearer and figure out what it is that i want.

i had yet to tell luke however because i knew part of him was still upset about what happened last time i kissed him and i didn't want him to think i was playing with his feelings again. i wanted to talk to him when it felt like the time was right and when i knew he would believe me. until then i was happy with whatever happened between us.

it didn't take long for the blonde to follow me up the stairs and to my room. he leaned on the door and pouted at me. "excuse me but we were cuddling."

i chuckled and rolled my eyes at the boy. "i don't want to cuddle with you, i want petunia."

he gave me an expression of mock hurt, placing his hand on his chest. "wow, i'll take my love somewhere else then where it will be appreciated." the blonde turned around slowly as if he was walking out but i stopped him before he could.

"get over here loser." i smiled and patted my bed. his smile widened and he hurried over to me, practically tackling me as he jumped onto the bed. his arms went around my waist and he rested his head on my stomach. due to his height, his legs dangled off the bed but he didn't seem to mind too much as he pressed a quick kiss to my arm before laying back down.

"you may be twenty three but you act like a big baby." i smiled and ran my hands through his hair, playing with his curls.

"oh you love it." he mumbled causing me to smile gently to myself.

"maybe i do." i hummed in agreement, staying in the comfortable position for awhile before he looked up at me, his chin resting on my stomach.

"what?" i asked with a raised eyebrow.

"i'm just happy." he sighed softly. "i want to stay here forever."

i pulled my lip between my teeth to bite back the smile that was growing on my face. "where? in my room?" i ask, playing dumb.

"no bub, with you." he chuckled.

"i would like that." i smiled back at the blonde who's big blue eyes watched me carefully as if searching for any sign i was lying.

"good." he mumbled and laid back down with a lazy smile on his face.

{author's note}
sorry this chapter is kind of bad. i've been super busy and i wanted to give you guys a cute little update.
also, thank you to everyone who likes and comments, i love to hear your thought.
how are we feeling about lula?
is there anything you guys want to see??
love y'all. ❤️
(unedited)