twenty one

luke chuckled softly and reached up to push some hair behind my ear. "i think that's the alcohol talking sweetheart." his words caused me to stick out my lower lip and turn to face the tv. i crossed my arms stubbornly.

"fine don't kiss me then, obviously you don't want to." once again the boy chuckled.

"you don't know how badly i wish i could kiss your right now but, you're drunk and i would rather you be in the right mind when you actually want to kiss me." his warm hand cupped my cheek so i would turn and look at him. he soothingly rubbed his thumb across my cheek.

as if i were in a trance i just nodded, agreeing to his words. "i think i-i'm going to head to bed." i whisper, suddenly feeling shy in front of the blonde. i moved my gaze so i was looking anywhere but into his welcoming blue eyes.

his nodded slowly. "okay bub, do you need anything?"

i shook my head and he stood reaching for my hand. i quietly took it and slowly followed him up the stairs, focusing on not stumbling over my feet. once we made it into my room he nudged my to sit on my bed while he went to my drawers to find me clothes. i smiled gratefully as he handed me something to sleep in before going to pull off my tight jeans.

luke quickly turned away, giving me privacy. "i'm going to get you some water," he hummed walking out of the room. i took my time changing before crawling into bed as i waited patiently for him to return. the boy gave me a warm smile as he once again appears in the room with a glass of water and some ibuprofen. i thank him quietly and took the pills, watching as he walked over to my desk and grabbed a makeup wipe from the package. the blonde walked back over by me and sat beside he as. i set the glass down on my dresser.

"do you want to do it or do you want some help?" he asked holding up the small wipe.

"you please." i hiccuped as i leaned back against the head board, closing my eyes as i was suddenly feeling tired. luke gently cupped my chin in his hand and began to wipe off my makeup as best as he could. once he finished, i felt his lips peck my forehead before he stood up.

"get some sleep laila." he hummed quietly as i shifted my position in bed.

"thank you for being so nice to me." i mumbled, burying my face in the pillow.

the blonde smiled. "anything for you," his words came out gently as he noticed me already drifting off.

"lu?" i asked quietly, earning a hum from the tall boy. "stay with me?"

i peeked my eyes open to see him smile softly and nod. he moved to lay in bed beside me.

"goodnight laila."

"goodnight luke." i whispered and scooted a little closer to his large frame before dozing off to sleep.

when i woke up in the morning, luke's arm was gently draped over my stomach and his curls seemed to have gotten wilder as they stuck out in every which way. i scooted away slightly so i could admire the sleeping boy beside me. his arm never left my body as i shifted.

"where are you going?" he mumbled in a deep voice causing me to giggle softly.

"nowhere lu, just getting comfortable." i whispered and turned on my side to face him. i admired the way his long eyelashes rested on his cheeks and the way his bottom lip stick out slightly in a pout. he grumbled quietly and tightened his grip on me as he slowly opened his eyes.

"good morning sunshine." he hummed quietly. "how are you feeling?"

"i'm okay." i whispered gently. i was quite surprised that i only had a slight headache this morning.

"i'm glad." he hummed. i smiled and reached over to brush a curl from his face.

"did you sleep okay?" i whisper resting my hand on his cheek.

"i did, very well." he said, a smile gracing his lips. i let my eyes trail over his features from where my hand rested down to his lips. when i looked back up to his eyes, he was watching me intently.

"what are you thinking about?" he said quietly.

without hesitating, i responded quickly. "how i still have the strong urge to kiss you."

i could see the look of confusion in luke's eyes before he looked up at me. "you really meant that last night?" he asked gently.

i nodded slowly, suddenly feeling less confident. "c-can i?"

luke didn't bother to respond as he quickly pressed his lips to mine, bringing his hand up to hold my neck and face. i instantly kissed him back, melting at the almost familiar feeling of his lips. neither of us dared to rush the kiss, in fear of ruining it.

luke shifted so he was now laying between my legs as he held himself up with his arms. my hands quickly found their way into his hair as our lips moved slowly in sync. luke hummed in response when i gently tugged his lip with my teeth causing him to deepen the kiss. he brought his large hand down to hold my waist as our lips molded and fit together perfectly.

my mind was clouded by the feeling of his plump lips on my own as i savored the moment but, just as fast as the kiss started, it ended when i slowly pulled away. he brought his forehead down to rest against my own as i felt his breath on my lips.

"god you're amazing." he whispered causing my cheeks to turn a deep shade of red. i turned my head looking away from his blue eyes and over to the wall.  he didn't stop me as he laid back down beside me, taking my hand in his larger one.

my mind was racing a mile a minute as so many thoughts entered my brain. i wanted to kiss luke. i liked kissing luke. when his lips were on mine every thought seemed to disappear, but once it ended i was left confused once again.

"i would die to know what's going on in that pretty little head of yours right now." luke hummed after a moment, breaking the comfortable silence.

"if i knew how to put all of my thoughts into words, i promise you would be the first to know." i sighed and rubbed my hands over my face.

"you're over thinking again aren't you?"

"maybe i am, i'm still just confused." i finally turned my attention back to the blonde beside me, taking in his angelic features contrasted by the stubble on his jaw. i watched as luke sat up running a hand through his hair.

"i don't mean to confuse you lai, i told you to take your time figuring out your feelings. don't worry about me." his voice came out genuine and i knew he meant what he said but i couldn't miss the look that almost resembled hurt that had flashed across his face before turning into a small smile.

"no, it's not you. i don't know. i wanted to kiss you luke, i like kissing you,"

"but," he cut me off in a questioning tone.

"but, i don't think i'm completely over daniel and that's not fair to you to not have my full attention."

he remained silent for a moment, as if contemplating what to say next. "but will you ever completely be over daniel?" he finally asked.

i can't deny his question kind of took me off guard. i really didn't know if i would.

"take all the time to heal laila, i respect that, but please do not play with my emotions because you can't figure out yours." luke sighed as he stood up from my bed.

i furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him with saddens and hurt evident on my face. "luke i'm not trying to play with your emotions, i wouldn't do that to you.." i whispered and he just shook his head.

"when you get your thoughts together then we'll talk about this. until then let's just pretend i didn't say anything about my feelings for you okay?" he gave me a small tight lipped smile before walking out of the room without giving me a chance to respond.

{author's note}
dramaaaa.
is laila playing with luke's feelings or is luke being dramatic?
let me know what you think!
thanks for reading. :)
(unedited)