two

when i woke up the next morning daniel had already gone off to work and i was left lying in bed alone. i squinted over at the clock on the nightstand, reading that it was just after eight in the morning. rubbing my eyes, i sat up taking a minute to adjust to the brightness of the room before standing up.

today was the day of my last exam before graduation, but luckily it wasn't until 11' o clock so i had time to go for a run and do some last minute studying.

running always helps me to destress and not have to worry about anything for a period of time. it helped me to clear my mind and relax, which was what i needed before this last exam. so i pulled myself out of bed and changed before tying up my hair and heading into the kitchen. i grabbed my headphones and phone sending daniel a quick text before i went.

me
morning danny 💗

i have my last exam today so i'll be studying until then. i'll call you later when it's over.

have a good day !
delivered

when i realized he wasn't going to be answering anytime soon i just turned on some music and made my way out the door. since i had the time i figured a two mile run would be good for me and i went on my way.

the fresh air instantly filled my nose and already made my feel a bit better about today. the clear skies made my feel as if there was nothing weighing down on me despite the quickening of my breath as i ran and the responsibilities i had.

when i returned home, i headed straight into the kitchen to get some water and checked my phone once more. there was only one notification and it was from luke.

breadstick
you. me. breakfast and cramming.

9:30 sharp.

be there or be ◻️.

i replied to tell him i'd meet him soon before hurrying to take a shower in change. luckily luke only lived about 15 minutes from me so by the time i got to his apartment it was only a little after 9:30.

i got out of my car and made my way to his apartment, knocking on his door.

"boo, you whore." he pouted at me and pointed his spatula in my face. "you're late."

"i'm sorry lucas, i had to shower before i came or you would've been graced with a sweaty mess." i pushed my way past him and set my bag on the table. "it smells good though."

i smiled at the nice gesture and took a seat at the island next to him.

"luke hemming's famous pancakes don't wait for anyone." he scoffed and set a plate in front of me anyway before taking the seat beside me.

we both quietly began to eat before he spoke again. "so, how was your fancy anniversary dinner last night?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows.

i felt a small hint of disappointment spread back through me but i pushed it away and sent him a small smile. "daniel had a really busy day yesterday so he didn't really remember. he went out with some guys after work to relax." i shrug and take another bite of the food in front of me keeping my gaze off of luke. without even seeing his face i could tell he was looking at me disapprovingly.