twenty six

luke and i never actually got to finish the movie because we were too wrapped up in each other. it's not like we never saw each other, but we hadn't really taken the time recently to hang out. it wasn't until almost three in the morning that we finally fell asleep.

when i woke up, i found myself wrapped in luke's arms with my head laying on his chest. i shifted slightly to glance at the clock on the nightstand seeing that it was almost eleven; the boys planned on coming around one. i slowly laid back down and relaxed back in luke's arms only to feel his grip tighten around my body. i smiled quietly to myself at the feeling and shifted so i could look up at the blonde.

"morning birthday boy." i hummed sweetly and ran a hand through the mess of curls that sat on luke's head.

he rolled his eyes and mumbled incoherently causing a slight giggle to leave my lips. i sat up slowly and stood from the bed, stretching my arms above my head. the blonde pouted at me and reached his arm out in my direction.

"what do you want for breakfast lu?" i chuckled and squeezed his hand in mine. i couldn't help but admire the curls that fell onto his forehead and in front of his eyes.

"no breakfast, just come cuddle." i rolled my eyes, but gave him what he wanted as i crawled back into bed under the comforter. instantly his arms found my waist and he pulled me close to his chest. i smiled and buried my face in his neck, bringing my hand up brush his hair back from his face.

"i'm convinced you just don't like my cooking." i teased as i remained content in the blonde's arms. i could feel the vibrations of his laughter from his chest.

"well you know i do make the best pancakes, so i'm saving you the embarrassment." i rolled my eyes but didn't argue knowing he was right.

"so the boys will be here at one and i'm warning you now ashton is bringing a cake. i told him not to, but ashton said any chance to have cake needed to be used to its full advantage. otherwise, the rest of the day is up to you." i chuckled softly as i leaned up on my elbow to look down at the boy. "so if you aren't going to let me make you breakfast, we should at least get ready soon."

luke's blue eyes blinked up at me and he stuck his lower lip out ever so slightly. "i don't want to get out of bed." he whined closing his eyes again.

"come on lu, i know you don't like your birthday, but just think of it like any other time we all hang out."

"that's only partly it, but you're also the best cuddler i've ever met and i don't want to let go yet." i felt my cheeks heat up and hummed.

"well we can cuddle tonight then since i'm sure the boys will be staying the night again anyway." i promised hoping that would entice him to get up, but he only squeezed me a little tighter and nodded. "what can i do to get you out of bed?" i laughed softly looking down at the boy.

"go on a date with me." he said simply with his eyes still closed. my cheeks once again grew red. luke and i have been more flirty lately, but i haven't told him how i've been feeling yet.

"when and where?" i questioned with a hum causing the blonde to finally sit up and give me a suspicious look. he squinted his eyes at me causing me to giggle. "what?"

"you aren't lying?" he asks, still not believing what i had said. i shook my head in response.

"i want to."

"shit, okay. yeah, yeah if you're serious." he rambled, his smile growing wider. "saturday?"

"perfect." i smiled back and he nodded excitedly before standing up.

"fuck, this is happening." he laughed nervously. i watched him amused, holding back a laugh at how nervous he suddenly got.

"can i give you your gift now?" i asked with a goofy smile.

"that wasn't it?" he chuckled and sat back down on the edge of the bed as i scooted beside him.

"no silly," i pressed my lips to his cheek before standing up. "i'll be right back."

i hurried to my room and grabbed the envelope i've been hiding from luke in my desk. i placed it behind my back and made my way back into the room. the blonde watched me with amusement as i sat beside him again and placed the envelope in his hands.

"i think you may be more excited about this than me." he joked.

i rolled my eyes playfully. "just hurry and open it." i watched excitedly as luke tore open the thin paper and pulled its contents. inside was two round trip tickets to australia.

"i know you hate your birthday and all, but i also know how much you miss your family and how much they miss you. so, i talked to your mom and she said she would help pitch in some money too so that i could go along. that is if you want me to go. i just wanted to get you something special-"

my rambling was stopped mid sentence as luke pressed his lips to mine quickly. his hands cupped my face and my arms found my way around his neck as i kissed back.

"you're so perfect." he mumbled against my lips as he slipped his hand down to my waist. i giggled softly against his lips and hummed at the feeling.

"you aren't even out of bed yet- oh!" we pulled apart to see calum standing in the doorway with an amused expression. "finally." was all he chuckled before turning and walking out the door. my cheeks were bright red, but luke didn't seem fazed by it. he laughed and cupped my cheeks again.

"thank you so much lai. of course i want you to come with me." he smiled leaning his head on mine.

i smiled back and nodded. "we should probably get ready huh?"

the blonde laughed once more and pulled away. "i suppose." he let out a dramatic sigh. "you can go shower, i'm gonna go talk to calum." i felt my cheeks heat up once again at the reminder of what happened second prior.

"sounds good." i smiled and stood from the bed following luke out the door.

"best birthday ever." he said with a wink before heading to meet calum.

{author's note}
soooo it's been way too long since i wrote last and i apologize. life and school just got to be too much and i needed to take a break. but hey, i finished my first semester of college with good grades so i'm doing a lot better.
how had everyone been lol?
hopefully i will start writing more.
let me know what you think and thank you to anyone who's still reading!
love you guys!