Birthday 1.2

"Happy birthday" Niall smiles, his lips pressed to my neck.

I smile and push him off me gently.

Days have gone by, I've become much weaker.

It's starting to bother me. I don't have enough strength to go on walks with Niall. I just want to be normal.

"I got you a present.." Niall smiles and hands me a box, wrapped in purple paper.

I take the box in my hands, and rip the paper open.

A camera?

"What's this for?" I ask, holding the camera box in my hands.

"It's for you. Every time you see something beautiful, take a photo of it, that way, you'll never forget it."

But I'm not going to be able to capture everything I see.

I take the camera out of the box and smile, looking at it. I turn it on, and instantly snap a photo of Niall.

"I told you to take photo's of beautiful things!" He giggles, throwing his amrs around me.

"But you're beautiful" I whisper, hoping he doesn't hear me.

"Says you."

I sigh and ignore his comment. As if he thinks I'm beautiful. No way.

Without thinking clearly, I press my lips against his, feeling a wave of electricity drown me.

I forgot about the cancer, once again.

But as always, it will keep me awake at night.

If I fall asleep, I might not wake, and I can't have that.

The phone starts ringing throughout the house, I groan as I pull my lips away from Nial's.

With the phone in my hand, I send a sly smile to Niall, then answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey hunny, how are you?" I smile as my mum's voice echoes through my ears.

"I'm great!" I lie, "And you?"

"I'm good, hey, I have to tell you something really important..."

"What is it?" I ask, curiousity evident in my voice.

"I won't be home for another two weeks." She spits out, her voice sounding hurt and forceful.

"Oh."

"I'm sorry, "She says, a long silence on the line before she speaks up again. "Happy birthday baby girl."

And with that, the line dies and my mother is gone.

-------------------------------------------------

Such a bad ending on my part! I'm so sorry I've been inactive lately, I think things might be looking up for me!

I love you guys, enjoy sweetcakes!

xx