Ghostwriter

Hey, dolls

It's been a while, hasn't it? I know I say I try to update more and I really do, but school has me slammed. I've mentioned that I'm in choir, but I'm also on my school's yearbook staff and I'm on my church council/my youth director's assistant. Enough with the excuses, let's spill the tea for the evening.

While most people disagree, my family thinks I'm a pretty good writer. It's a cliche thing to say but I wouldn't really consider myself that great at writing. Anyways, my sister was accidentally put into theatre this year and she had a project to write a play.

I love my sister, but even she admits she isn't super creative in the writing field. She's very crafty and likes to make jewellery, but writing isn't her thing. She asked me for help with the play.

I don't know if you can tell but I'm not great when I have to work with people. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I hate people or anything, but I'm kind of a control freak during projects. I'll have something in mind and I kind of lose it when it doesn't work out. This happened to be one of those times. I was struggling to get her to see my idea so I took over.

I spent a week writing a 30 minute play, colour coded, with 15 characters and three scene changes for this girl. I should mention that this particular week, I had tests in five of my classes, two projects, a concert, and a photo assignment for yearbook.

My family suggested we go to the beach that particular weekend. I love the beach but I STAYED HOME to work on this damn play because I couldn't get my computer to work offline and I'm not great at constantly writing on my phone.

She turned in the play and I learned there was a sort of competition: whichever play the class liked the most would be performed during class.

To my excitement, they picked mine! Everyone thought it was super funny and loved it!

Then, it hit me: no one knows I wrote it. They think my sister did! For the past two weeks, all I've heard was that everyone loves HER writing and that SHE should be a playwright or author when she grows up.

I suppose I should add that while we're both now in high school, my sister and I go to different high schools. We're both transfer students. Most people probably know that that means we were supposed to go to a certain school, but it isn't the best school, so we attend a different one in our district. We've been transfers since sixth grade.

Well, I'm two grades ahead of my sister so attended a school of my choice. Luckily, the high school I go/transferred to is the school that the kids I went to middle school with are zoned to. By the time my sister graduated middle school (summer of 2020) , my school was closed. They had reached a maximum capacity which meant they would only take in non-transfer kids. She goes to a completely different school.

So, no one at her school knows I exist. They think my sister is this epic playwright and I'm over here doing everything behind the scenes. I don't know why but I'm super sad. My sister is getting credit for all the hard work I did. This happens a lot with projects, but it's extra sad this time because writing is my passion and no one knows it.

Again, I don't consider myself the best writer but their comments were really nice. It sucks, knowing they were for my sister and not me.

Well thats all I gotta say so...... See ya on the flip side!
-Grey