« Chapter Eighteen »

She had practically moved into Cassius' room. 

Sometimes, they slept in her room, but they really didn't need two rooms anymore. They were practically inseparable at this point, exploring each other's boundaries with soft steps and gentle smiles. She was slightly disappointed when Cassius had left early that morning to attend a meeting with Leroy. She was on her own to tackle the day and she entered the kitchen with a yawn. 

She may have accidentally slept in and missed breakfast with everyone but she didn't mind. She had plenty of time to catch up with them. She had been forming relationships with a lot of people and they were really bonding over stories. Especially training. Her muscles still ached from yesterday but she was still up with another spar later in the afternoon or tomorrow.

She made coffee first and then she scrambled two eggs for herself. Settling down in the middle seat of the island counter, she took a sip of her coffee and peppered her eggs. She almost missed the chaotic yet heartwarming mornings the pack shared together but she also didn't mind the absolute peaceful atmosphere she had created herself. She had caught sight of who she wanted to be and she was going all out to achieve that. 

Someone entered the kitchen and she murmured a pleasant, "Good morning." Without turning around to see who it was. Everyone did it in the mornings, it was like second nature to her now. 

They cleared their throat awkwardly and she recognized that voice, she turned in her chair and saw Andy's mother standing in the doorway, obviously uncomfortable. 

For the first time, she didn't feel any immediate anger. She didn't hate this woman anymore and she certainly wasn't affected by her presence because all she felt was calm. Like herself. The inner peace she had found could not be disrupted anymore, she had forgiven with all her heart, and she was embracing the kindness that came from it. She offered a small smile to the very same woman who had hurt her all these days and months. 

As nonchalantly as ever, she said, "Hi." 

Andy's mother fidgeted and slowly walked closer, "I..-uh--I never told you my name before did I?" And then before she can reply, the woman extended her hand as quick as ever, "I'm Tina." 

She looked down at the hand and without a thought, she gently shook it, "Nice to meet you." 

Tina looked absolutely gobsmacked, mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water, and she slightly enjoyed watching it because nobody ever expected her to have a change of heart like this. Tina was probably expecting them to fight forever but she had moved past that. What happened, has happened, and she no longer dwelled on it. This was the power of forgiveness. She could face the people who hurt her the most with a genuine smile and that alone would stew them because they may never understand; and she wasn't obligated to defend herself because her true character was shining. 

This was her. 

"Would you like some coffee?" She asked, "I left some in the pot." 

"Uh--yeah... thanks," Tina said and scurried off to the coffee pot. She smiled to herself, this is what she wanted for so long. Peace in the presence of those who wanted to disrupt it. And yet, as she watched the woman's nervous movements, she realized something. 

She was seeing this woman as a person. 

This woman who had been a thorn in her side from day one. This woman who had hurt her far beyond words and may have even enjoyed it. This woman who would probably never change and she would have to deal with for who knows how long...but that was the past. She had opened her eyes to this moment through forgiveness and she saw things differently.