« Chapter Twenty-Seven »

She was by his side, every step of the way. 

Cassius was still physically recovering from gaining the other half of his soul. The connection had taken a toll on him but it was all happening in the right timing and soon, the strength of his wolf would seep through their bond. She didn't mind being able to take care of him, as he had done the same for her on so many occasions, and he eventually gave into the pampering. 

She was so glad to see his green eyes again. She had found comfort in him and the goofiest of smiles that would plaster his face. She didn't think she could live without ever again. In all honesty, time seemed to fly incredibly fast as Cassius regained his strength within twelve hours. He talked nonstop about the feeling inside of him, how complete he was, and she enjoyed it. If she wanted anything in the world for him, it was happiness. 

Cassius grabbed her waist, pulling her closer, and she placed her hands on his chest. 

"Easy, tiger," She teased, "You just got off bed-rest." 

He rolled his eyes, "I feel perfectly fine." 

"If you say so," She stood on her tip toes and pressed a quick, sweet kiss to his lips. 

Groaning, he hugged her tighter, "Aren't you a tease?" 

"Of course," She smiled. 

Eventually, after they collected themselves, they headed downstairs for breakfast. It was emotional. Everyone looked up when Cassius entered and their eyes reflected their relief that their Beta was well again. She smiled, looking at him, too. He had a family who adored him. 

After everyone came up and, either gave Cassius a hug or said heart-felt words, they finally sat down for some breakfast. Everyone was chattering, the atmosphere light and happy, and she soaked it all up. If there was one thing she learned, it was to be grateful for every moment, because everything can change in a single moment and never be the same. She wouldn't take anything for granted. She would humble herself each and every day and tell the people closest to her that she loved them. There was no room for regrets in her life anymore. 

She was brought from her thoughts when Leo came running into the kitchen. 

"Mom, dad!" Leo stopped by Leroy's side, "Look, what I found!" 

Her eyes widened when Leo presented a knife, holding it up proudly to show his parents.

Beth gasped, "Leo! Where did you get that? You could hurt yourself!" 

"I'm fine, mom, I know how to handle it," Leo protested. 

Leroy sighed and got out of his chair to kneel in front of his son, "Now what I have told you about respecting your mother?" 

Leo looked down, "I'm sorry." And then he placed the knife in Leroy's extended palm. 

"It's alright, bud," Leroy ruffled his son's hair, "One day, when your older, I will teach you all the ways of a great warrior."

Leo's eyes brightened, "Really, Dad?" 

Leroy placed both hands on Leo's shoulders, "Of course, because not only will you fight with great skill but with honor." 

"For Leon!" Leo said with a proud grin, "He's my favorite uncle! One day, I wanna be just like him!"

She almost teared up watching this innocent kid. He had never met Leon, she knew that because neither had she, but he looked up to his uncle with so much respect and admiration. She looked at Leroy and Beth, their eyes focused on their son, and she smiled. They were raising him right, teaching him to respect everyone, and he had a good head on his shoulders. She just knew that one day, Leo would become an honorable heir for the next Aloysius Alpha.