His First Birthday-Gundham Tanaka x Reader

You blinked open your eyes to the sound of Usami's morning announcement, something that had become routine since you woke up on this island and were told you and sixteen others were to be staying here for the foreseeable future.

And that had been life for quite some time now. You and the others had grown close while exploring and cleaning up the island. However, there was one individual you had gotten particularly close to; the Ultimate Animal Breeder, Gundham Tanaka. The two of you formed a strong bond rather quickly, until he finally worked up the courage to ask you out.

You adored him, and now today was a very special day for the animal lover.

You hopped out of your bed, a large smile on your face as you quickly got ready and made your way out of your cottage. As you stepped outside, you noticed Gundham leaving his own home. Your eyes met, and the breeder smiled as you made your way to him.

"Ah, good morning, my sparrow." He greeted you, his four Dark Devas crawling out from his scarf to see you as well. "Was your rest a pleasant one?"

You nodded, reaching out a hand to scratch Cham-P behind his ear. "It was!" You smiled lovingly up at Gundham. "I was super excited about today."

Gundham furrowed his brow. "Excited? About what, my paramour?"

You giggled and shook your head. "Oh come on. Have you forgotten your own birthday?!" You grabbed ahold of Gundham's hands, an action that never failed to make the self proclaimed Dark Lord blush. "I have plans for today!"

"A-ah, that is not necessary, my queen." Your boyfriend assured you, pulling one of his hands free from yours in order to raise his scarf over his red face. "Merely basking in your presence is all I require for this day."

You gave a soft smirk. "Well luckily for you, that's the plan! You and I are going to go on a date!" You began lightly tugging on the breeder's hand as you made your way to the main island. "In fact, we should get going right now!"

The Overlord of Ice's eyes widened in surprise as you gently dragged him behind you. "B-but what of our daily meeting with the mortals?!"

You rolled your eyes. "It'll be fine! Something tells me they won't miss us. Now come on! Just get moving already!"

Gundham let out a sigh and shook his head, a soft smile forming on his face. "Very well. Even I know better than to argue with you when you have set a goal, my love." And with that, the boy allowed you to lead him to your destination.

~~~

"The...amusement park?" Gundham raised a brow as you came to a stop at the fourth island. "This is where you plan for us to have our date?"

You nodded, excitement basically pouring from you. "Yup! It's really the only date spot I could think of." You looked up at him, and your smile faltered when you noticed his...less than enthused expression. "Oh...is...is it not a good place? We can go somewhere else if you want..."

Gundham looked at you as you spoke, and his features softened. "You misunderstand, my fallen angel." He began. "It is not that I am not happy. I am pleased just to be beside you. It is just..." The breeder bit the inside of his cheek and glanced away. "I...never really celebrated the day of my birth. It was simply something I was not so...excited for."

You let out an 'Ah' sound as you understand. "Right. That makes sense." You grinned and leaned up to plant a peck on Gundham's cheek, which caused the boy to once again start blushing. "Well, I would like to start celebrating it! I want to show you how much I appreciate you. And I think the birth of the Overlord of Ice is something worth celebrating!"