True Friends-Monodam x Reader

A/N: Requested by Paigeloime I've never considered doing a fic with a Monocub before, so thanks for requesting this!  I hope this is good! Enjoy!

Trigger Warning: Angst, suicidal reader, suicide attempt

You were still in shock.

You still couldn't believe you were stuck in a...a 'killing game'. How could you accept such a fact? It was such a far fetched idea!

But regardless, here you were. And every day you were scared it would be your last. You stayed away from everyone, even the seemingly friendly Kaede, Kaito and Gonta. You couldn't be sure it wasn't just a cover to get close to you so they could kill you.

You couldn't trust anyone here, no matter how badly you wanted to.

Not to mention there were those annoying 'Monocubs' around that popped up randomly. They just made the situation even worse.

Well, the green one, Monodam, you think his name was, wasn't too bad. He was quieter than the others, and seemed to want peace, unlike his siblings who only wanted the killing game to continue. 

Again, though, you couldn't be sure it wasn't a ruse. He was one of Monokuma's children, after all, and Monokuma wanted anything but peace.

Eventually you started to believe you were just being paranoid thanks to Kaede's constant optimistic attitude and her bringing everyone together under the shared goal of escaping.

Then she was found guilty for Rantaro's murder.

It seemed so unlikely. Kaede? Murder? You would think that the only way you could use those two words in the same sentence is if the words 'would never' between them. But here you were. Sure, she was trying to kill the mastermind to end the killing game, but still. That just strengthened your belief not to trust anyone.

From then on after that trial, you only left your room for food, and nothing else. You also tried to make sure only to go to the cafeteria when no one else was there, but you weren't always successful. 

Kaito would attempt to talk to you, try to cheer you up and make you his 'sidekick', but you'd just cower away. Tenko would offer to protect you from the 'degenerate males', but you'd decline her offer and leave as quickly as possible. Kirumi would offer to make you something to eat, but you'd just grab something yourself and head back to your room.

Shuichi and Kaito still tried to include you in things. They'd knock on your door almost daily to ask you to join them in activities. Most of the time you'd stay quiet until they left. Eventually, even they stopped.

It's been a few days since then, and you were currently laying on your bed, staring at posters on the wall opposite side of your bed. They were of some movie you, as the Ultimate Actress, were in. You looked at yourself in those posters and thought back on the memories. You were happy then. You had no worries.

You let out a sigh as you picked at your skin anxiously. You hated being all alone. You preferred being around others. But you just couldn't risk it. You were too afraid that somebody would kill you.

"Rise and shine, Ursine!"

You jumped in surprise at the sound of the Monocubs' introduction words. Your head shot to the middle of the room, and there stood Monodam. You blinked, staring at him for a moment. "Um...h-hello?" You greeted him quietly. 

"Why hello, bear." Monodam said to you. "I have noticed that you have not been interacting with your friends. Is there a problem?"

You continued to look at the small robotic bear as you slowly threw your feet over the side of the bed. "I...I don't have any friends here." You muttered.