Tamer of My Heart-Gundham Tanaka x Reader

Requested by Crystie1234 Thanks for the request! I hope you enjoy!

Trigger warning: Angst, abuse

You never fit in anywhere. At any school you went to you could never make any friends. You were always bullied and made an outcast. Your only solace was the animals that would flock to you. You always felt happier around them, as if you could speak to and understand them. This only led to more teasing, people calling you a 'Disney Princess' or saying that your only friends are animals.

Home life wasn't any better.

Your parents hated that you couldn't make friends, and only got angrier when they noticed you spending time with animals. They said they just wanted a 'normal daughter.' One that could make a single friend, and that wasn't spending time with 'those disgusting pests' everyday. But as the years went on, your love for animals never wavered, much to your parents' disappointment. 

Soon they became violent.

You had been accepted into Hope's Peak as the Ultimate Animal Tamer. You tried to be happy, but your father's words were still ringing in your head.

"Oh, they let you in such a prestigious school for something as worthless as that? Hmph. At least you might possibly be useful for once."

You clutched your arms tightly before wincing and letting go. You looked down at your bruised arms before rolling your sleeves down. With a sigh you looked up at Hope's Peak Academy. Here you could get away from your family, and could hopefully make some friends.

Though you weren't holding your breath on that one.

You quietly filed into your classroom that would be part of your home for a long while. You glanced around and noticed you were the last to arrive. All of the desks were filled except for one beside a boy wearing a black coat and a long purple scarf. You noticed he had one grey eye and a red one, as well as a...a scar over his grey eye. You gulped as you slowly made your way to sit beside the intimidating student.

As you took your seat, he turned to look at you. His eyes narrowed as he inspected you, and you suddenly felt very small. "Hmph. Yet another weak mortal." The boy beside you scoffed, crossing his arms. "Is there not a single being of higher power here?"

You tilted your head in confusion, his speech going over your head. You opened your mouth to attempt to answer him when you noticed a small, furry head popping out of his scarf. Your eyes lit up as the hamster crawled up and out onto it's master's shoulder. "Oh, he's so cute!" You couldn't stop yourself from gushing. 

The boy huffed at you. "Jum-P is not 'cute'! He is one of my fearsome Dark Devas of Destruction!" He pulled an extravagant pose. "He will assist me in taking over this mortal realm!" 

You glanced at the boy before looking back at the hamster, a soft smile on your face. "So your name is Jum-P, huh?" You spoke to the animal quietly. "That's such a nice name! You sure are a wonderful little..." You scrunched your eyebrows and looked back at the pale skinned boy for a moment before returning your gaze. "Dark Deva, aren't you?" The tan hamster let out a happy little sound before scampering down his master's arm and hopping onto your hand.

"Jum-P!" The boy exclaimed in shock. He looked up to you with wide eyes. "Im-impossible! You managed to command one of my Devas to do your bidding!" He leaned forwards towards you, squinting his eyes. "You must be from the underworld! What rank of demon are you?"