His Last Wish-Gundham Tanaka x Reader

Requested by Anonymous on Tumblr

You felt numb.

You felt nothing but despair and sadness as you stared at the screen where you had watched your boyfriend Gundham get run over by a stampede of animals. Even as you heard the others walk to the elevator, you remained. You didn't want to leave. You couldn't. If you left without him, then it would become reality.

Eventually you heard footsteps come up behind you, though you didn't turn around. "Y/N?" You heard Fuyuhiko's voice. "You should come on. Staying here...it won't do any good."

You looked down at the floor. "...I...I can't, Fuyuhiko." You whispered. "I can't go on without him."

The Yakuza sighed. "I understand what you're feeling right now, Y/N. It's...it's hard. Fuck, is it hard. But you gotta think about what he would want." You bit your lip at that. "He'd want you to live. Those were his last words, remember? That was why he did what he did. To make sure the rest of us could live."

You were quiet for a while until four furry little critters popped out of the purple scarf you had been gifted before Gundham's death. They nuzzled your face, and you sighed. "Right. That's right." You turned and gave Fuyuhiko a very small smile. "Thank you, Fuyuhiko. I'll...I'll be going now." As you finished speaking, you walked past him to the elevator.

~~~

You made your way to Gundham's cottage and opened the door. You placed the Devas in their cage before stumbling over to the breeder's bed and collapsing onto it. You held onto his scarf tightly, and you could still smell his scent of pumpkin and cedarwood. This only made tears well in your eyes as you clutched the fabric. "W...why? Why, Gundham?!" You cried into his pillow. "Why did you leave me?! I need you! I...I know you wanted to save us, but....b-but...I can't do this without you. I can't...I..." You whimpered softly as you closed your eyes, clinging to Gundham's scarf as you slowly cried yourself to sleep.

~~~

You awoke the next morning to something gently poking your cheek. You blinked open your eyes to see San-D next to your face. You gave a small smile. "Hey, San-D." You greeted the hamster quietly, your voice breaking. The Dark Deva squeaked at you before scurrying off the bed. As you sat up you watched her run over to a desk. You noticed the other three Devas were there as well.

Curious, you stood and made your way over to it. Jum-P leaned over the desk and pawed at a drawer. Furrowing your brow, you opened it. Inside, you saw a folded piece of paper that had the words 'To my Dark Queen Y/N. Read only in the event of my death.' on the front. You bit your lip before taking the paper and sitting down on the bed. You hesitated on reading it, just staring at it for a while. You only gave in when the Devas gently nudged your hands. With a sigh, you unfolded the paper. When you did, something tumbled out. You picked it up, and you felt like crying again as you recognized it as one of Gundham's rings. You let out a shaky breath as you placed it to the side, then began reading the paper.

~~~

My dearest Dark Queen,

If you are reading this, then the impossible has come to pass. I have been struck down. I have no doubt the only way this has come to pass is I perished protecting you. If this is the case, I have no regrets. However, I sincerely apologize I can no longer be with you. I wish I could stay beside you and leave that cursed island.

I am sorry that cannot happen.

I love you from the bottom of my dark heart. You have made each passing moment in this miserable killing game bearable. You are the most incredible, stunning angel I have ever had the fortune to encounter, and even now I still cannot believe you wished to be with such a cursed being as myself.