Study Partner-Kiyotaka Ishimaru x Reader

Commissioned by shsleyebrows ! Thank you for my first commission! I hope this is what you were looking for, and that you enjoy!

"Ugh!" You slammed the textbook you were reading down on your table, startling your friend Chihiro, who had come to your room to study with you. "I'll never understand this stupid crap!"

"If you're really having that much trouble understanding it, why don't you get a tutor?" Chihiro suggested. 

You sighed and crossed your arms. "Yeah, you're right, I should." You mumbled. "I just...I dunno. I feel like a failure if I do that. Like I couldn't do it on my own."

"It's not like that!" Your friend assured you, giving you a kind smile. "The tutors are there to help you. You aren't a failure for needing help." He giggled. "Plus you could ask for Taka to be your tutor."

Your eyes widened, and you felt your face turn bright red. You immediately picked the history text book back up and hid your face from your best friend, who was giggling away.

You had a huge crush on the Ultimate Moral Compass. Just being in the same room as him made your heart flutter. Hearing him greet you each morning made you melt like butter. The two of you were close friends, but you always got so nervous around him.

"This would be a great chance to finally tell him how you feel!" The programmer pointed out. "And he's the best in the class, so you'll understand this history stuff in no time!"

You slowly removed the book from your face and sighed. "Alright, fine." You murmured. "I'll...I'll ask Taka to tutor me."

The next day you walked to class slowly, anxious about what you had told Chihiro you would do. You agreed that Taka was the best person to help you understand the stuff you were stuck on, and it'd be a great time to spend some one on one time, but you were just so nervous he would turn you down. What if he didn't like you like that? What if it ruined your friendship? What if he liked another girl? What if he liked Mondo!? The two were best friends, and spent a lot of time together, so maybe-

"Y/N, look out!"

Your thoughts were broken by a familiar voice calling your name, and someone tugging on the back of your uniform. You let out a startled yelp as you stumbled backward and collided into something. You turned around, and felt your mouth dry up when you saw Taka standing there, looking at you concerned.

"Are you alright, Y/N?!" He asked in his usual booming tone. "You must pay attention when walking in the halls! You nearly walked into two troublemakers who were running down this way!"

You felt yourself blush lightly. "Heh. S-sorry, Taka." You apologized. You raised a brow. "Wait, why aren't you going after them for running in the halls?"

"Well by the time I had made sure you were alright, the two hooligans were out of my sight." Taka sighed and crossed his arms. "But I know what they look like, so I will report their reckless behavior immediately!"

You felt your blush darken. He had forgone taking care of rule breakers in favor of making sure you were alright. You knew it was just what friends do for each other, but it still made you feel special.

Taka tilted his head. "Y/N, are you feeling sick?" He asked suddenly. "You're face is quite red!"

You chuckled nervously and shook your head. "Oh, no. I-I'm fine, Taka!" You assured him.

Taka brought his hand up to your forehead, making you stiffen in surprise and your face heat up even more. "Hmm, are you sure?" The prefect questioned, eyeing you worriedly. "Your face is quite hot." He straightened up and looked at you seriously. "If you're feeling sick, Y/N, you should go to the nurse. Please do not strain yourself!"