Comfort from the Nine Hells-Gundham Tanaka x Reader

Everyone in the trial grounds watched the ambulance drive away, a very injured Fuyuhiko inside. No one spoke as everyone made their way into the elevator. Everyone besides you, that is. You stayed in the trial grounds, your gaze flickering between the direction the ambulance had gone and the last spot Peko had stood.

You didn't even realize you had started crying until you felt your tears pelt the back of your hand. Before you knew it, you had fallen onto your knees and had begun to openly sob.

"I...I can't take this anymore." You whispered to yourself. "I don't want to lose anyone else. I...can't..." You buried your face into your hands. You didn't hear the footsteps come up behind you.

"Mortal."

You jumped and whirled your head around to see Gundham, your best friend on this island, staring at you with a concerned expression. You forced a smile on your face and pulled yourself to your feet. "O-oh, Gundham! Hi!" You greeted him. "I thought you and the others would have made it back by now."

The Ultimate Breeder watched you as you tried to wipe away a tear without him noticing. He frowned. "The rest of those fools went on ahead. I noticed you had stayed behind and wanted to make sure you made it back alright."

"Aw, you were worried about me!" You teased, booping his nose playfully. Under different circumstances, the way Gundham scrunched his face and pulled away from your touch would have made you feel better. 

But this time was different. 

When you booped his nose, instead of his usual reaction, the Forbidden One grabbed your wrist. You looked up at him with wide eyes. "G-Gundham..." You muttered. 

Your friend glared down at you. "Is it wrong for me to be concerned about the well being of my companion?" He asked in his normal, booming voice. "Especially when the situation has grown drastic." Gundham looked into your tear stained eyes. "I see it has indeed taken a toll on you."

You bit your lip and attempted to turn your head away, but were stopped by Gundham's free hand. You felt your cheeks flush as he touched your face. "W-we should go. The others will begin to worry." You tried to make your way to the elevator, but Gundham's grip didn't budge.

"To hell with them." Your friend's voice was low and quiet, sending a chill down your spine. "I must make sure you are alright."

You stared up at him for a moment, before something broke. You felt the tears begin to fall again, and you shut your eyes to try to stop them.

It didn't work.

"I...I'm so scared, Gundham." You confessed between sobs. "I'm scared that someone else will die...that you will die. I-"

You were cut off as Gundham pulled you into his chest and wrapped his arms around you. You opened your eyes, and saw Gundham's face inches from your own. "You need not fear for my life, mortal." He said quietly. "I am Gundham Tanaka. I can take any foe that comes my way." One of his hands made it's way back up to your face and gently cupped it. "I will protect you from any being foolish enough to stand in my way."

Your heart beat wildly in your chest. "Gu-Gundham...I-"

He silenced you once more, this time by pressing his lips against yours. Your eyes widened in surprise before fluttering closed. All your worries and fears melted away as you clung to Gundham's scarf, his strong arms wrapped around you protectively.

After what felt like forever, Gundham pulled away. You noticed a smirk on his face. You felt your cheeks heat up again as the man before you chuckled.

"I've had my eye on you for a while now, mortal." He confessed. "You seem to be the only one that can keep up with me. I must admit I have been vexed for quite some time." He tilted his head, his smirk never leaving his face. "Tell me. Do you feel the same?"

You thought you were going to faint from how much blood was rushing to your face. You managed a nod. Gundham's smirk widened as he pulled you into another kiss. "Then it is settled." He stated as he pressed his forehead against yours. "You are now my Dark Queen."

You smiled. "I would like that, my Dark Lord." Gundham beamed as his hand reached for yours and held it tightly. Without another word, he gently led you to the elevator. As the doors closed, he pushed you up against the wall and buried his face in your neck. He kissed it lightly, his hands resting comfortingly on your hips.

"You needn't fear this game anymore, my love." Gundham murmured. "For as long as I am by your side, no one would dare try to harm a hair on your head." You felt a tear make it's way down your cheek. Gundham noticed, and flicked it to the side. "Why do you cry, my lady of darkness?" He asked you worriedly. "Are you still afraid?"

You shook your head, a smile forming on your lips. "No, I'm not scared anymore. I'm happy."

Gundham smiled at this. "As am I, my queen."

A/N: AHHHH I love this child so much! I know this is pretty short, but I just had to write something for best boy. Other chapters will be longer. Hope you enjoyed!