(30)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Thirty

I honestly had no words, and this is rare for me.

Like my brain and mouth weren't in unison with each other, the signals weren't getting where they needed to be. 

I don't know what I want to do right now, part of me wants to hug him and never let him go and part of me wants to shout and scream and tell him that I never see him again.

My heart feels like it wants to pounce out of my chest with all of the emotion I'm feeling right now. 

I was ready to spend the rest of my life with this man, I was ready to settle down with him and give him my all. 

I even considered marrying him at some point.

"Wait, don't say anything, you feel an overwhelming feeling of adoration for your long lost love," he started to guess.

"No?" he mused, "How about missed you so much babe, can't believe I ever lived a day without you!" he said dramatically and smiled when he saw me glaring at him. 

He's acting like nothing has happened, like he hasn't been out of my life for almost 30 years, like it was only yesterday we were stood outside my house back in that town. 

Like we had only just had dinner in that diner. 

"W-what the hell," I finally piped up, stuttering slightly.

"That's the first thing you say to me?" he laughed. 

He seems soulless, like he's saying everything without meaning. 

It looks like shouting and screaming might to be the route we're going down then. 

I notice the way that he's carrying himself is different too, seeing him for the first time was like transporting me back to May 1994, but today this man is someone else.

And I was angry now, acting like everything was a joke and he wasn't taking anything seriously.

'What else do you expect me to say, huh? You were here one day and gone the next, what even happened?" I was surprised I was even able to get out that many words, or even string a coherent sentence together. 

But my shock had been replaced by anger, these weren't words from the man that I fell in love with, completely and entirely in love with. 

That man seemed to have been left to die that day in 1994.

"It's a long story, and you have class early in the morning you said, or was that just to get rid of him? He seemed a bit, not you, you know," he scrunched his nose up and nodded his head towards where Kol had walked off. 

Referring back to the conversation I had had with Kol not too long ago.

He had no right, he could've come back for me if he was still alive, and he chose to leave.

You don't know anything about me anymore, I thought to myself. When I didn't respond to him he carried on.

"You have no right and you know nothing," I breathed back. 

I had relaxed more than before, but I still feel like I couldn't move properly yet.

"Are those for me? You know, as a thank you for my subtle little gift? Red's your favourite colour right?" he ignored my words and raked my body with his eyes at my red dress whilst motioning to the flowers Kol had gotten me that were now laying on the floor with the rest of my things.