(20)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Twenty 

"But how, is he attracted to the suburban hipster lifestyle now or something," I asked. 

Still trying to process everything that happened within such a short space of time, I must've been dreaming or imagining things. 

And to add Kol like the sadistic cherry on top takes the cake, it's like my brain has gone into overload and I need to concentrate on one thing at a time right now. 

"Your little pain in the ass is a little inconvenient right now," 

"Yeah sure because we schemed together to ambush you and destroy your entire lives," I sarcastically bit back at Damon.

"Well we need to get into contact, now,"

"Contact? I can't be messing with that anymore Elena, I just started a new life here," Jeremy started with the most serious look on his face. 

I don't think I ever imagined Jer being serious, like ever. It's almost a foreign expression, so I assumed it must be something serious otherwise he wouldn't of moved away. 

"So you haven't been seeing anyone? At all?" She asked concerned.

"Anna, Vicki, a few times, just as a comfort whenever I'm alone sometimes,"

"Can someone clue me in here? Have a missed something monumental that I haven't caught up with yet?"

"Can we get going and exchange chit chat on the way, you know I love a good gossip," Damon impatiently snapped. 

"Not until someone explains to me whats going on, right now," 

"Well if you stop throwing your toys out the pram for all of 10 seconds we will,"

"Thank you..." I sighed, finally trying to get the answers I wanted. 

"At the motel room," He replied as he held up a set of keys around his finger and I frowned in disgust.

"You swine, at least take me out to dinner first," I joked before walking past him to the car, "SHOTGUN!" I yelled as I held up the car keys in my hand and jollied on to the driver side of the car.

"You know the rules, not your car so you're not driving," Damon tried to explain.

"Doesn't count if we're not at home!" I yelled back as I jumped into the drivers seat and everyone else clambered in. "So, where are we actually going?" I asked, still with a smile on my face. 

--

"I still don't understand why we're here, some sordid affair that you're not telling us about Jer?" I joked as we pulled up in our designated parking space for the room. 

"Not quite, not exactly someone I asked to be in my life,"

"Ooh, sounds like a pretty desperate woman, couldn't resist your devilish charm eh," I teased as we all hopped out of the car, grabbing bags on the way past the boot of the car.

"Not quite, you'll see soon,"

"Also sound mysterious, who's the unlucky gal?" 

"For the record she's the one that wanted to stop in a motel not me," Damon smirked as he nodded towards Elena. She gave him a stern look backwards whilst he was still beaming like the sun.

"So where are we?"

"You mean you don't actually know?" I asked confused, Jeremy shrugged and shook his head no.