(24)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Twenty Four

I just couldn't stop shaking, like I was in some sort of trance that I couldn't snap myself out of. 

Nothing and no one could shake me out of this state. 

But I could feel someone touching me, shaking me, like they were trying to bring me back to life. 

I could feel the cold sweat dripping off of my forehead onto the sheets, shooting pains constantly attacking my head, my body had the feeling like I was numb all over and it was finally gaining life in my limbs again. 

Like something had bought me back. 

The anger, the memories, my family in danger, everything came back within seconds but it felt like minutes.

"Harley? Harley?!" was all I could hear. 

From that one voice. 

I cracked my neck from side to side and slowly turned my head to the left of me to find Kol leaning onto the bed with his hand on my arm. 

I felt like what was happening wasn't real, like it was one of my nightmares when I had just turned, but this time I was living in it.

"Ahhhhh!" I just screamed, that all I could muster. 

No words. 

No actual sentences, just a scream in his direction. 

I scrambled all of a sudden to the other side of the bed, his hand flinched away like I was made of glass and he was worried I'd break, I covered myself with the sheets so all he could see was a head and hands.

"It's just me, okay, everyone is downstairs," he said as he put his hands up in the air in defense. 

Just him? 

Like that makes this situation any better. 

He's the last person I want to see right now, like I didn't feel safe around him anymore, or at least any trust in him had vanished. 

It felt like he almost killed me. 

I remember now. 

Like when he was swinging there was so much anger, like no matter what he couldn't stop and that what almost killed me. 

Anger. 

I would've never seen my friends again or my family. 

I noticed something glinting in the corner of my eye, the 24K gold post at the end of the bed. A rush of adrenaline shot through me, I knew that I didn't have a lot of strength but the next thing I knew I was hanging onto the end of the bed. 

Clinging onto this gold bed post and like that I snapped it right off with the side of the bed sinking to the floor. 

The anger gave me strength.

"Harley, you don't know what you're doing," Kol tried to reason with me. 

But I was past the point of reasoning now, I wanted him to feel how I felt and I also wanted nothing more than to be in his arms. 

I had missed him so much, this year away had been a break for me but had been torture for him and I could see it in his eyes.

Conflicted, I just stood there with the post in my hand. 

"I do," Is all I could say. "I remember everything, everything you did to me, everything you almost did to my friends," I said through tears as they were now streaming down my face.