The Original Bad Boy (Kol Mikealson)

Chapter One

Knocking on the familiar front door, I waited for someone to answer the door; but after waiting for a few minutes, no answer. 

I pressed the bell that I had just noticed at the side of the door, and waited for a while after that as well.

It wasn't until I leant on the front door to notice that it was already partially open, I pushed on the door until it was fully open and the hallway through into the living room was in full sight. 

I went to step through the threshold but was stop by the obvious problem.

"Hello!" I called out into the house. But there was no reply to my call out. "Hello, guest wanting to gain a little access!" I shouted out again. 

But again no response of any kind.

"Before you answer, you should know that I'm not in the mood for unwanted visitors," I heard a familiar voice say from behind me.

"I hope that I'm not unwanted then," I replied turning round to face him.

"Well, look what the cat dragged through the century old dusty bush," Damon responded with a smile. 

I walked towards him and outstretched my arms, bringing him into a big hug. He wrapped his arms around me as well as we shared our long overdue reunion hug.

"I couldn't not come back to see everyone wreak havoc on this town," I said to him after pulling away.

"You should've made more of an effort to come sooner, it's not like I have the busiest social life," he replied.

"Who said I came back to see you, you know, I have been really missing Stefan lately,"

"Is that right..." he trailed off.

"Yeah, living without his brooding and excessive hair product was just unbearable," I retorted.

"I guess that you won't want to come in then," He said walking past me and through the door of the house. 

I turned to face him, who was smirking at me; obviously it was humorous to him that I couldn't get in.

"Well you were always my favourite Salvatore," I teased.

"On the grounds of being such a charmer," he started off sarcastically. "You can come in," he finished.

I smiled as I rolled my suitcase through the threshold and placed it on the inside of the door. 

I walked past Damon and straight through until I hit the living room and saw what I was waiting the long journey in the car for, I pried open the cabinet and poured myself a long awaited drink.

"I see I wasn't the main priority of the journey here,"

"You'd be right," I replied, gulping down the sweet liquid; not as good as blood, but a close enough second.

"Sorry to break up your party for one, but I have people coming over,"

"People? But you don't like people; they must be very special," I frowned at him.

"Let's just say this is a mandatory meeting, not the sort I can back out of," he revealed.

Let me explain, I know Damon from back in 1864 when I stayed with the Salvatore's for a while until Damon and Stefan were turned into vampires. 

I had to leave otherwise I would've been staked. I was best friends with Katherine Peirce as well. 

I came back to mystic falls last year to find everything had changed, got to know everyone and left before I could cause any more trouble.

Before I could give a reply, the other person I'd been dying to reunite with appeared in the living room as well.

"Harley?"

"Stefan, my favourite brother from another mother," I smiled before running towards him and enveloping him in a massive hug.

"Did I just hear you say Harley?" I heard another voice come in from behind Stefan; I looked up from our hug to see Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, Jeremy, Matt and Elijah arrive.

"Awh, it's like you all knew I had come home!" I squealed, bringing them all in for a big hug. Lots of hugging today, I like this reunion.

"We've missed you like crazy," Elena said once we'd all finished, I secretly scowled at Elijah. One reason is because he's not the hugging type of person so he didn't join in.

"And I missed you too!" I replied, being as smiley as always.

"As nice as this catch up has been, we need to get on with this meeting," Damon droned on from his sitting position in the living room.

"Way to be a kill joy," Caroline muttered. As everyone went to sit down on the couches apart from me and Elijah.

"Nice to know you still aren't a big hugger," I guessed.

"More of a human aspect of life, nice to know your still alive though," Elijah replied.

"Nice, haven't seen you for so long and this is the welcome I get, I'm almost heartbroken, if I had one," our short lived conversation was interrupted by Elijah's phone going off in his pocket, he pulled it out to check the message but quickly concealed it back into his pocket.

"The others will be here shortly," He announced to everyone else as they returned back to their original conversations.

"Fallen victim to modern technology I see," I motioned to the latest IPhone he had in his pocket.

"The modern age has developed handy devices, mobile phones being one of them,"

"So, who are we waiting on exactly?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow, with that statement, the front door blew straight open and in walked another one of my fellow best friends.

"Well well well if it isn't my favourite original.." I thought to myself. 

I'm hoping he's ready to meet me with open arms.