(16)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Sixteen

Frozen.

That’s what I felt. Completely and utterly stuck to where I was, still cradling Bethany’s lifeless, limp body in my arms and sobbing uncontrollably.

I felt someone wrap their arms around me in and embrace from behind and try to pull me away, I tried to hold onto her for as long as I possibly could, latching myself to her like she was my conjoined twin, attached by the hip.

Feeling like a little piece of me had disintegrated. I had felt it when my mother and father had died, I felt it when I though she and Dean were both dead; and I’m experiencing this pain all over again, and it was twice as worse as it was over 180 years ago.

I felt her body then slip from my fingers as I was pulled away slowly by the arms that were grasping me from behind.

“Shhh, shhhh, its okay, it’s all going to be okay,” I heard a soothing voice say from beside me.

I recognised it as Kol’s and wanted to push him away for keeping me away from this situation and keeping me from doing anything about it all, keeping me from preventing any of this from happening.

But me conscious took over, assuring and reminding me that it wasn’t his fault and that he didn’t know anything about Deans plans. So I gave in and completely collapsed into his arms, burying my face into the crook of his neck and bawling my eyes out like a small child.

He rubbed my back caringly and reassured me that everything was going to be okay. I just kept shaking my head to this, not believing this to be true any time soon. He slung something warm, thinking it was his jacket, over my shoulders and proceeded to embrace me over this.

It was then that I felt lifted off of my feet and into the comfort of Kol’s arms, wrapping them around me protectively as he started to walk, carrying my bridal style in his now bare arms. We had soon reached the boarding house as Kol thrust the door open, not caring who was inside, being careful not to knock me against anything or make something fall over in the process.

I tugged on his shirt slightly as a signal to put me down. I gently placed me back on the ground as I wobbled slightly, regaining my footing quickly though to avoid falling to the ground. I’d been like a fawn on ice, like the scene from Bambi was being created before your very eyes all over again, making my way slowly over to the sofa and placed myself in the middle on it.

My knees slightly buckled together as I sat down and held my head in the palm of my hands. If only I’d have said something sooner, I wouldn’t be feeling like this right now. I’d lost Bethany all over again, and to some extent Dean, he hadn’t gone for good but he disappeared straight afterwards, just as bad as it felt the first time.

“I could’ve stopped it...” lifting my head as I trailed off in a whisper, almost speaking to the thin air in front of me.

“What was that?” Kol said quietly as he came and perched beside me, placing his hand onto my back for comfort.

“I knew,”

“Knew about?”

“About Dean! I knew he was going to do this, and I could’ve stopped this from happening,” I exasperated and let my head fall into my hands again as I let the tears flow down my cheeks freely.

“It’s okay,”

“No, no it not! I could’ve done something, a warning or told Bethany, I was just so angry at her..” I sobbed again into my now wet palms.

“It’s not your fault, okay, even if you had said something, he would’ve still found a way to do it eventually,” He reassured me again, trying to be as caring as possible. I couldn’t stop bawling my eyes out, I wanted it to stop, just for it all to disappear.