(19)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Nineteen

"Are we there yet?"

"No, for the fifth time," Damon moaned.

"How much longer?"

"You know, I kinda wish I'd left you behind,"

"Oh it wouldn't have been half as fun if I had stayed home with the animal whisperer," I said lifting my sleep mask from my eyes and peering over to him next to me.

"At least Jeremy is safe for now, but we sent him away for a reason, I don't want to drag him back," Elena said as she shut her magazine onto her lap.

"Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but he's probably safe is some girls bed right now," I told Elena with a smile.

"I don't want to think about my brother that,"

"And I don't want to be here but being dragged away from the warmth of bed to a stuffy cabin, which by the way you said you had miles,"

"Whoopsie," Damon smirked.

"Plus I need to go to the toilet, is there anywhere to stop,"

"Quit complaining could be worse,"

"Umm nope, I really don't; how far away are we already?" I said as I led in the back seat with my feet up.

"I dunno, count mountains or do something productive,"

"What is there to do that is productive,"

"You could not tell Jeremey that we're coming, might be helpful," Elena chimed in.

"I haven't spoken to the boy in a year, didn't even tell him I was going anywhere, what makes you think he still thinks about me,"

"Because every time I speak to him on the phone he asks if you're back yet," Elena explained with a saddened tone.

The little brat actually missed me, it's the little things that make me well up and I was close. Nothing breaks down my barriers expect for certain people. At least it's nice to know my best friend missed me like crazy.

These things are worth to come home to.

"Reminiscing stops now, we're actually here," Damon said as he pulled up outside some batting cages.

"How the hell did you know that he'd be here? Telepathic was something you missed out when I asked what had changed,"

"Not quite, he comes here every other day, it's either this or where he's actually staying," Elena peered out the car and we drove up to our space and hopped of the car.

The batting cages were long, and loud.

Half of them up the front just holding bats instead of actually playing the sport, cracking a beer open with one of their friends along with one of those frat boy grins accompanied by a laugh.

They might as well have a keg next to them, holding each other upside down chanting CHUG!CHUG!CHUG! to each other.

"So, you never actually explained why we're here,"

"You'll find out soon enough," Damon trailed off.

"Hey, that not-"

"There he is," Elena fastened her pace towards more to the end of the cages.

Me and Damon just hung back a little more whilst she trumped on ahead.

Strolling towards my best friend that was probably going to kill me yet strangle me to death with a hug slowly instead.