(9)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Nine

Jeremy and I walked slowly through the front door of the grill into the almost party like atmosphere, there were quite a few people socialising everywhere around us.

Some playing pool at the side, shooting darts in the corner on the basis of several bets, naïve girls getting chatted up by guys about twice their own age at various tables, and of course some dotted across the bar; most of them probably drowning their sorrows with a glass of whiskey or gin.

Then I spotted who I actually came to find; Bethany. 

I expected to see her on her own, planning her next little adventure on eating most of the townspeople before tomorrow morning, but she wasn't alone at the bar.

I couldn't see who it was because someone was blocking my view, but it was probably some high school senior quarterback who was thinking that she was a lonely normal teen girl who was looking for some company. 

Little did he know that was far from the deadly truth that awaited him.

"Why are we here again?" Jeremy whined from beside me.

"Shhh," I instructed him quietly, I didn't want Bethany knowing that I was here; not yet anyways. I listened closely into the conversation that she was having with the stranger.

"So, how long has your infatuation with my sister been going on?" I heard her say to her drinking partner.

Infatuation? What the hell was she on about, no one as far as I know had made any sort of advances on me recently.

"I don't have a clue what you're talking about, my dear, you must be seeing things," her 'buddy' replied.

And that's when I recognised the voice of the other person; Kol. But what was Bethany on about any sort of spark or infatuation? She was definitely crazy.

"Come on," I tugged at Jeremy's arm as we made our way towards the pair at the bar, I was being cautious though to reveal my presence at the appropriate time.

"I can see it, and by the way she acted to me flirtatious advances, I'd think she feels the same way," Bethany said, taking a swig of her drink.

Jeremy and I were literally a foot away from the pair as they were facing towards the bar instead of away from it.

"You're delusional," Kol coolly responded, downing his glass of alcohol.

"And you're a very bad liar," I interjected into the conversation.

They both turned round in the hearing of my presence. 

Kol looked a little surprised at first but then that turned into the smug look that I had seen before and Bethany just smiled devilishly at me.

"You know it's rude to eavesdrop," Bethany snapped at me.

"Yeah, but it's also rude to try and eat people," I bit back to her.

"What are you talking about,"

"You tried to practically eat Jeremy," I pointed over to Jeremy as he came up behind me for support, "Now; I don't think that's common curtsy, do you?"

"Oh yeah I remember you, nice body," she admired his figure as she flung her head back, in taking the rest of her drink.

"You have to stop, you can't do this,"

"And why is that dearest sister," she said back with as much venom in her voice as she had intended.

"You've flipped the switch, haven't you," I replied, it all finally clicked together.