(11)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Eleven…

I sat there wide eyed staring at the figure in front of me, this couldn’t be happening; again. First I thought that Bethany was dead, but she wasn’t, and I thought that Dean was dead; but he was apparently not.

Clad in mostly black with his hair slicked back slightly, not looking a day over twenty-two years old; which is the age I thought he had died at. He slowly edged towards me, not with caution, but a smile plastered all over his face; he sat next to me at the bar with ease and order himself a whiskey.

I sat there and stared at him for a little while to try and figure this one out, I thought a witch put him under a spell to stop him from aging. He looked well-travelled, like he would know one if he took a look at her.

“I come all this way to see my darling little sister, and all I get is silence. What did I ever do to you?” he asked with a smile plastered all over his face.

I just sat there and stared at him, it was happening all over again. I first thought Bethany was dead, but she’s not, and I thought that Dean was dead, but apparently he’s lives as well. Then I thought of other ways he could be alive and only one other suggestion came to mind; vampire.

I didn’t wasn’t to say anything, in fear of having verbal diarrhoea and just looking like a complete idiot in front of someone I haven’t seen in just under two-hundred years.

“I know what you must be thinking, how did I stay this handsome in a hundred and twenty years?” he asked me again but this time with sarcasm laced through his words.

“How..? I mean... What?!” I just spluttered out.

It wasn’t like me to say such things in times like this; normally a sarcastic remark or some smart-ass comment would pop into my head right about now. 

“Which one of those do you want to me answer first?”

“You died, in the house fire, with mama and father. I saw you run in and then the house blew up,” I muttered some sense finally.

“I know, do you remember Bo?” he asked cautiously.

I recalled my memory back until I remembered that Bo was his girlfriend at the time, they were in love and he was going to ask her to marry him.

“Yes, I remember her flawless complexion and her laugh was contagious,” I remembered back to when me and Bo were good friends, like sisters even.

“There was a reason behind that, as you may have guessed, I’m not exactly human…” he trailed off.

“Well done captain obvious, you want a gold star?” I snapped back at him and sending a scowl at the same time.

“What I meant was, she was the one who, you know, turned me,” he explained.

“And let’s just get this completely clear, you were a vampire before you went into the house?!”

“No, I had vampire blood in my system, and I did die in the house fire; I just came back,” he smiled like it was okay for him to just show up here like nothing had happened.

“I don’t freaking believe this,” I replied as I downed my drink in one and poured myself another.

I peered over to him sat there all smug but couldn’t look him in the face, that was when something caught my eye; I was surprised he was still wearing it.

“Something amusing presume?” he noticed my smiling into a slight laugh.

“The bracelet looks good, surprised you even wear it,” I fired back.