(32)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Thirty Two

I was stunned, which is a first.

As Kol stood leaning in the doorway with his arms folded and that cheeky boyish grin on his face.

I just stare open mouthed ready for something whimsical and a stretched out version of the truth to pop out.

But there was nothing.

The second time in the space of 2 days where I am speechless, its like I'm a different person.

I could feel everyones eyes on me and that they were looking between them in order to make up some lie to get him off the scent.

"Ah you caught us, the jig is up, we're all having a sordid little affair without you," Damon joked as he laughed and clapped his hands together.

And I just laughed.

Full blown out loud.

Maybe it was a coping mechanism or some sort of  trauma response after hearing my ex boyfriend is a raging psychopathic serial killer.

I felt tears start to spring in my eyes where the laughter kept on coming and I headed in Damons direction.

"You know what you are just a big ol' barrel of laughs this guy," I said as I punched him in the arm a little firmer than I usually would.

 I continued laughing towards him whilst glaring out of Kol's eyesight so he wouldn't cotton on.

"I think we should leave the love birds to themselves, I know we have a bunch of extra curricular activities that we just can't wait to get into," Caroline tried to say to everyone else in her usual bubbly tone.

I smiled at her and nodded to everyone in support.

"Yes we should go and do all of that and Damon can go back to doing... Damon," Bonnie agreed.

They all started to head out of the door and Kol came further into the room to get out of their way.

As the door closed behind them we were stood in silence and I cracked a weak smile to Kol as he strolled towards me.

He enveloped me in a hug when he reached me and gave me a tender kiss on my forehead.

As I wrapped my arms around him I focused on how it felt safe with him.

After everything that we'd been through I just wanted everything to go away. But I couldn't run away again not after what that had done to everyone.

How it had broken everyone emotionally and fractured my relationship.

But my next problem would be so much bigger than before, as much as it felt safe with Kol, I had this overwhelming sick feeling in the pit of my stomach like I should pull away.

My arms felt like they were there but it was a strain on the hug, a force trying to pull me away.

I finally gave in and pulled away looking up at Kol, I cupped his cheek with my hand an pulled in him closer.

He bridged the gap until our lips collided.

It was a sweet kiss, nothing too much but also felt wrong, like I shouldn't be doing it.

This isn't how it should be and it definitely didn't feel like this before.

I tried to deepen the kiss to see if anything else would spark, it had felt similar to last night kiss but there was something missing.