12

"How about this one?", Maddie asks holding up a onesie that said Mommy cuddle buddy.

"Cute.", I say then turn my attention down at the crib I was standing in front of.

The wood was stained white and had a sideboard that pressed against the display wall. The mobile had different animals on it that were so cute. It was gorgeous but I can't get it, I can't afford it, and I shouldn't even be buying a crib because once Kameron knows that the baby is his, we are moving back to my place.

"Gorgeous, isn't it?", Maddie asked.

"Very. Too expensive plus I can find a crib back home.", I say with a smile turning to Maddie.

She gives me a smile before hooking her arm in mine.

"Come on, let's check out these outfits I got for my new best friend.", she says then drags me to the cashier.

I wait patiently while Maddie pays for the onesies that she got for the baby. She's been really excited about this baby and can't wait for me to have him or her. Maddie and I are dying to know what I'm having so I don't have to call my baby an It.

When Maddie is done she hooks her arm in mine and we walk out of the store and through the mall.

"I set up an ultrasound appointment last week for tomorrow. Kameron said he wanted to go with and I'm not sure how to feel about it. I mean I'm happy that he wants to be there but I mean is he going to enjoy it if he still has doubts if it's his or not?"

Maddie looks at me.

"He'll be happy. You guys have been talking right? You both get along. The public hasn't seen you two together yet so there's nothing to worry about with him being doubtful and he did say that he wanted to treat this pregnancy like he's the father.", Maddie says.

That was true. I just didn't want to feel like he's only doing this because he feels like he has to. The last thing I want is for Kameron to have even the slightest doubt that this baby isn't his. He already does but that's not what I mean.

"Anyway, I get to find out the gender but I will make sure that the envelope gets to you.", I say.

"I'm so excited, Amy.", Maddie squeals.

I smile then nod in agreement. This was exciting and fun, pregnancy was difficult but the idea of a baby was exciting yet extremely scary. It's been a week since our first night staying with Kameron and he hasn't set up the test yet. He's still distant but he's getting a little more comfortable when I come around.

Every time I walk into a room his eyes go straight to my belly and trail up my body until they land on my eyes. When he does that it makes me feel naked and vulnerable, despite that he has seen me naked and vulnerable.

Hopefully, he warms up soon to me and this baby because I don't want him to only be there for me and show some sort of affection when he finds out that the baby is his. I want him to do it because he wants to not because the baby is his and he feels like he has to.

"Are you sure you're okay with going out in public with me?", I ask, my hands rested on my belly.

"Yeah, if rumors come out then we can dismiss them by saying you're a friend or something. I want to be there for the ultrasound and if I have to face some paparazzi then I will.", Kameron replies.

Okay, the first comment hurt me a bit but his last comment made me feel better. I let out a deep sigh then nodded.

"Come on.", he says.