11

KAMERON

"When was the subject of you becoming a father going to come up?", Katie yelled in a whisper so that Amelia or her friend wouldn't hear.

After I told Katie found out about the Amelia situation I excused us before she would say something that wouldn't be good. I looked at Katie who folded her arms across her chest and waited for me to respond. If this is how she was acting I can only imagine how Daniel would react.

"I just got the news today, Katie. Honestly, I don't even know if it is really mine but we are getting a test done sometime soon. Until then she is staying with me, I don't want to rush this test right now because she's all new to this. I don't want her to feel so pressured.", I let out in a sigh.

Katie rubbed her temples taking in everything that I said.

"She can't stay here, Kameron. She may not even be pregnant with your baby and you're taking her in.", Katie said.

"I'm being nice. She's pregnant, and I don't know, Katie, I think I believe her. She didn't want money, she just wanted me to be in the kid's life."

"Or she's being smart and making you think that way."

I shook my head. "You be nice to her, Katie."

Katie looked at me for a moment before giving in and nodding.

"Okay. I'm just looking out for you, Kam. As a friend.", she says.

"I know.", I say before walking out of the room and back to the kitchen where Amelia sat alone.

Her eyes were fixed on the countertop and both of her hands caressed her baby bump. I watched her for a moment. What they say about pregnant women glowing was definitely true. Even pregnant Amelia was attractive maybe even a little bit more, she had this natural beauty. I cleared my throat as I walked in and instantly her eyes met mine. Amelia gave me a soft smile and watched as I walked to the other side of the counter, leaning against it.

"You told her that I was pregnant with your baby at first. You didn't say I might be or that there's a chance, you said I was.", Amelia said softly.

"Yeah, I did. She knows now but I don't know, Amelia. I believe you but then there's a part of me that doesn't, I don't know.", I say truthfully.

Amelia nodded understanding.

"Can I show you something?", she asks.

I nod and she motions for me to go by her as she pulls her phone out of her pocket. She opens her camera roll then clicks on a video. I hear white noise before I hear a heartbeat.

"Is that-"

"It's the baby's heartbeat, my last appointment I recorded it so that I could hear it anytime I want.", Amelia smiles then stops the video. "I have the message I sent to your old number the day I found out I was pregnant."

She still had that? If she was willing to show me then it was real, she was pregnant with my baby. Amelia showed me her phone, I looked at the text messages and what she said was true, she did try and text me. Then again that could have been for anything.

"It's gonna take me a while to warm up to everything until I know for sure.", I say.

"Take your time, Kameron. I want you to feel comfortable with everything and I don't want you to be the father that always has a doubt that his child might not be his. You deserve to be assured.", she said with a smile.

This is what I mean. She doesn't deny me wanting to get the test done, she's okay with it like she's sure that I'm the father and that is what makes me believe her. I look down at Amelia's baby bump then hesitantly place my hands on it. She had a baby inside her, my baby.

"Until we get the test and we find out for sure. I'm gonna treat this situation like it really is my baby that you are carrying.", I say.

Amelia looks at me and gave me a small smile before placing her hands on top of mine.

"Really?", she asks.

I nod.

"Yeah.", I reply.

This was probably a bad idea because if I get attached to this baby and it isn't mine I don't know what is going to happen. Right now though, it felt real because since the first time Amelia and I met she didn't lie about anything that night. So why would she start lying now? I don't know.

"I gotta go, we are shooting a scene for the movie sequel. Make yourself at home though and feel free to explore and use the pool and stuff.", I told her.

Amelia nodded.

"Thank you for wanting to know and for the hospitality.", Amelia said softly.

"Of course.", I say before I grab my keys off the counter and walking out the kitchen.

Katie looks up at me then gets off of the couch and follows me out of the house. She's silent the whole time, once we get in the car and make our way to our shooting spot, Katie turns and looks at me.

"I can't tell you what to do, Kameron because that's not my place but I can tell you what I think you should do and give you advice. Be careful, Kameron. Don't get attached to that woman or her baby because if it isn't your then you will be devastated. But also don't push her away too much because then if it is yours, who knows how she'll be.", Katie said before turning and walking away.

This was already hard. Do I believe Amelia or do I not? I don't know because either way there's a chance that it will end bad. I don't want Amelia to feel overwhelmed or rushed into anything. I want to make sure she's comfortable and if the baby is mine, I want her to get used to living with me.

If she's having my baby then she has to understand that she can't go back to having the life that she's had before. She's going to be crowded with paparazzi and her face will be on magazines and tv. If people find her social media then she will have nonstop notifications. Most of all she will be with me, she will be seen with me.

If Amelia really is having my baby then marriage is something that will happen but If I do marry her, I want to marry her because I fell in love with her, not just because she's having my child.