Chapter 4

Marinette's POV

I arrived at my apartment. It was a great walk and saw more buildings and shops better with some sunlight, though its still quite dark, since the sky is covered with dark clouds or maybe smoke. There were lots of people, mostly busy walking, some were running. I walked through the sidewalk and finally arrived back at my apartment. I put my bag and Tikki flew out. I gave her some macaron. Then my phone ringed and I picked up, "Hello?"

"Nettie! How is my favorite niece?" Marinette smiled. "Hello Uncle J and I am great" I replied, its Jagged Stone, the well known rockstar. 

How do I know him, you may ask. Well it started when I made his Eiffel tower glasses then designed his cover album, after that we grew close. That leads for my other two personas, Nettie and MDC. The famous singer Nettie who had collaborated with Jagged and made a few albums. And the famous mysterious designer MDC, also his honorary niece and his personal designer, nobody knows both of my identities except a few, some close friends and close celebrities. 

"How's Gotham? Its been a while since I went there. Penny, me and Fang misses you" He said and I giggled.

"Well, I miss you too and Gotham is good. A lot of pollution, makes it a dark city."

"Still the same as it used to" He chuckled. "I guess, its my first time here, though I've heard some from Chloe, Kagami and Luka. They seem quite worried when I told them about this" 

"Of course, why wouldn't they be, me and Penny were worried too when you told us about this. We know Gotham better than any of them and its not a good city. There's lots of crime and we were worried that you'll get hurt" Jagged said.

"I guess, but I am fine really. Don't worry too much, I can defend myself." I stated and he sighed. "We know but, you won't do it unless absolutely necessary" He knows me too well, I consider him and Penny as my parent figure since my parents are in heaven, that's why I'm alone and I spend most of my time here. 

"I know but as I would always said there is always good at everyone" He sighed. "You are too kind Nettie. Anyways, I have some good news" He said excitedly and I giggled, "What is it?" 

"Me and Penny are planning to go to Gotham!" He exclaimed and I smiled. "That's great to hear. When is it?"

"Well, probably in a month or two" He replied. "That's great, can't wait to see you all here" Then we chatted for away and after a while, we ended the call.

Damian's POV

I finally arrived at the manor, I went to my room. I changed and went to the batcave. Oddly, none of my imbecile brothers were there. Currently, its empty, I guess Drake is in his room, Father is busy at WE as usual, Grayson at work and Jason somewhere else. I typed her name and her file appeared. 

Marinette Dupain Cheng, female, 18 years old, born in.... Odd, there isn't her birth place, and her parents or relatives aren't mentioned here, except a grandfather figure that adopted her in Paris and some other figures. She's top at her class and class president, quite impressive. Been to the hospital multiple of times, for some injuries. Some were major, which is quite surprising, I would never knew. Maybe something happened there, that cause it? 

Anyway, has been to a lot of countries and she stayed there for a period of time, each different, so it is based on events, as I was expected. And the last country she was staying was indeed, Paris, France. But its odd, she stayed there more than a few years. In other cities, she would normally stay around two weeks or maximum of a year. Maybe something happened there that prevent her to go to another city? I decided to search it on the batcomputer and didn't get many information, I get limited access to Paris news from here.