Chapter 20

Marinette's POV

I am currently re-reading the text that Damian had sent to me earlier today. Damian invited me to go to the Manor and spend time with him. Which is odd, he could have just asked me in school and he would've planned ahead.

She knocked at the door, someone peaked through the gap and when their eyes landed on her and opened it widely, it was Dick. He beamed at her happily and gestured her in, "Marinette! Come in!"

As she entered, he closed the door behind them, "Hello Dick, nice to see you again" She beamed at him and he smiled.

"Anyways, could you tell me where Damian is?" I asked while looking around, maybe he's near here?

"Why?" He questioned and she smiled, "He invited me over"

Dick started laughed while I tilt my head in confusion, "What? I don't understand?"

"Is it by his phone? If it was, I was the one who invited you here! Using his phone" He stated while continue laughing.

My eyes widened, surprised that Dick was actually who invited me here, using Damian's phone, as his laughter died down, "Don't tell him though" He winked and I nodded.

"I am surprised that you invited me to the manor using Damian's phone." He smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, I shouldn't have invited you using his phone to avoid any confusion"

She dismissed, "It's fine, I'm actually very happy that you wanted to spend some time with me!" He smiled, "I'll just give you my phone number" He handed me his phone and I typed in my numbers and he saved it as Mari.

"Great! Now I can contact you anytime!" He beamed happily while I nodded.

"Anyways, what are we going to do now?" She questioned curious while he smirked, "Have you ever tried using a trapeze?" I shook my head and he grabbed my hand and dragged me away.

A few hours later, we were exhausted after using the trapeze and doing some stunts, we separated to freshen up. It seems I finished early and I looked around for Dick, coincidentally, I passed the kitchen. I stopped and stared at the kitchen in awe, the kitchen is huge! It has all latest appliances, its what every chef's dream kitchen.

"The kitchen is amazing, I would really like to bake some treats here, if I could" I mumbled while looking around. "Well, indeed and you certainly could" A voice spoke up followed by some chuckles from behind her which made me froze and turned to look at the said smiling butler.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief and he nodded. "Feel free to use it to your delight" He shrugged.

"I don't want to trouble anyone"

He shook his head, "Its rarely used by anyone here, with the exception of me. The boys couldn't use it anyways, they're banned here, including Master Bruce." I looked at him dumbfounded. Banned? Here, the kitchen? The boys and Mr Wayne? How?!

"How? I mean, the kitchen? Really?" He chuckled at my widened eyes and nodded, "Yes, mostly, with a tad bit of privileges. Tim's privilege of the coffee machine and Dick with his cereal. While Master Bruce, the electric kettle" He shrugged and I giggled at their antics.

I suppose a group of heroes has their own weaknesses. But she didn't expect them to be banned from the kitchen! The Batman and Robins! She couldn't believe it! She tried to keep her laughter and mentally laughed, but some slip through (Alfred smiled). How though?

"I wonder what got them banned.." I mumbled and he smiled, "You could ask them yourself, I know they would be delighted to tell you each one of their own stories" I nodded as I thank him but, he was already gone. I chuckled amused, I suppose he's like me or am I similar to him?