Chapter 26

"Chloe!"

"Maribug!?"

"Mari-"

"How are you here?!" Chloe exclaimed surprised, as she turned to look at her direction to see a boy behind her. Their gaze met and their eyes widened,

"Wait. Is that who I think he is!?"

"Yes, hello Bourgeois" Damian gritted his teeth and glared.

"Wayne" Chloe glared back, they were in a heated stare off, while Marinette looked at both of them in confusion.

"Wait, you both know each other?" Marinette questioned bewildered. Both turned their attention to her.

"Yes, we knew each other. We met once in a Gala"

"And it wasn't a pleasant one" Chloe crossed her arms. Let's just say it didn't end on a good note. That made them never meet again after that event. Its been like years..

"Indeed, because of you" He accused while she rolled her eyes, "Well, it was your fault too!"

As they were about to bicker, Chloe noticed that Marinette seemed to have come with Damian, "Maribug, did you come with him?"

Marinette nodded her head, "Yes, he had invited me a few days back. Why?"

While Chloe looked at her in terror, "Why would you come with him!? Wait, that meant you also know him!?"

Damian's eyes widened, "You know Bourgeois?"

Marinette nodded, "Yes, I know both of you"

"Impossible" They both muttered in disbelief while they glared at each other.

"Don't say you are friends with that Demon!?" Chloe pointed towards the boy.

"Well, I suppose you aren't friend with that brat?" Damian accused as they both glared heatedly at each other.

Marinette sighed, "I am friends with both of you"

"What!?"

"Why would you be friends with the Demon!?"

"No, why would you be friends with that brat!?"

Marinette sighed tiredly and stood in between the arguing pair, "Enough, I am friends with you both because I want to."

"And I didn't know that you both knew each other. Also that you disliked each other..."

They looked at Marinette and Chloe sighed, "It's fine Maribug, I understand, you can be friends with anyone. Even if I dislike the person"

"I understand too" Damian grumbled out. He was quite surprise at Chloe acts, that she understood and would accept it. For Marinette..which is something commendable. He didn't remember Chloe being like this. She was such a bratty girl. At the said Gala, she was stuck up and was a show off. Especially after she 'accidentally' spilled a drink on him. She didn't even apologize sincerely, plainly mocking him and acts stuck up towards him! And in the end she ended up storming out of the gala in anger halfway towards the gala. But the Chloe right now, she seems off...

Chloe was also surprised at how Damian acts. He actually accept her? Reluctantly yes, but still..For the sake of Marinette. Which is something surprising. She remembered that in the gala, he also spilled his drink on her because she accidentally spilled her drink on him, which was the truth! But he acts all high and mighty! He didn't even apologize to her for spiling his drink on her! Instead was smirking and smiling while she was drenched with wine! Now that he met him again, his persona seems different than the last time she had met him.