Chapter 11

Marinette's POV

School was quite exhausting, I had a few extracurricular activities after school so, I had to stay a bit late and do all of the activities. Now, I am going home late from school. It was getting dark and that isn't good. I was walking, on my way back, when I bumped to someone's chest. Why do I keep bumping into people these days? I sighed and apologized, "I am so sorry for bumping into you!" She looked upwards and was surprised at the sight she saw.

Damian's POV

I was on my way back to the Manor from WE. I was working there and didn't saw the sky getting dark, I didn't realize how late it was. So, now I am walking back to the manor as the sky turned darker. I was walking on the sidewalk when I bumped into someone. I looked downwards and it looked like a girl. She finally looked upwards and I was stunned.

3rd POV

They were looking at each other and they finally broke of from their trance. And Marinette took a few steps backwards, to keep distance between them and looked at him. "Hello, Damian. We meet again, by bumping agin" She smiled slightly.

"Yes, I suppose" He replied and she nodded. "Sorry for bumping to you again. How many time has it been? Around four or five? I don't know why we keep bumping to each other." She giggled and he slightly smiled.

"Yes, a few times." He replied and realized that the sky is getting dark and frowned. "Why are you here?" He questioned frowning and she smiled sheepishly.

"Well, I had a few extracurricular activities at school today and I didn't realize that the sky has turned dark. How about you?"

"I was working and got caught up" I answered and she nodded, "Well, I better be on my way then." As she was about to walk away, Damian grabbed her hands which caught both surprised. He didn't know what made him do that.

While Marinette looked at him surprised. "U-uh, well, I should accompany you. It's dark, it's not safe for you to be walking alone at this time. There are lots of criminals out right now" He cleared his throat and she shook her head.

"I don't want to delay you from going home. Your going home late aswell, if you accompany me, you'll arrived home even later than now and it'll be dangerous. But thank you for the offer" She smiled slightly. He frowned and shook his head.

"No you won't delay me. I want you to be safe since Gotham isn't friendly at night even as day but night, it's dangerous." He stated and she sighed. "Really I don't want you-" Marinette started but got interrupted by Damian, "No, you wouldn't do anything" She looked at him, she was about to reply when he intercepted. "And I'm not letting you go unless I accompany you back to your apartment" He said smirking, its clear that he is taking a no as an answer as she sighed in defeat.

"Fine, I know you aren't going to take no as an answer" She said reluctantly and he kept his smirk. 'He's enjoying this way too much' She thought. "Great, now let's go" He said and she nodded reluctantly. He didn't release her hand instead hold onto it as they walked side by side.

The silence enveloped them but it was a comfortable one, both enjoying each other's company.

Damian noticed that there were a group of men following them. The group of men, four to be exact, approached the pair after they took a turn. "It seems you took the wrong turn" The first man sneered and Marinette snapped her head towards the voice as she realized they both weren't alone. "Yeah, such a shame" The second man said, mocking pity, holding a knife out at them.

"Now, give us your money, jewelry, bags and phones." The fourth man said. "No harm would be done, if you do as we say" The third man said, pointing his gun towards the pair and Marinette slightly rose her brows upwards, amused.