Chapter 18

Marinette's POV

I slept late again, since I had to do some late commissions. Luckily I managed to finish the late commissions but I really should've taken a break from commissions but clients kept ordering and its piling up into mountain. I rubbed my temples in frustration.

Currently, I had woken up early for school and drinking some coffee, I'm exhausted since I got 3 hours of sleep. You can do this Marinette! Just one more day of school until the weekend. I finish getting ready for school, I held my coffee and walked to school.

But water started to pour, and I forgot to bring an umbrella, so, I went back home to grab an umbrella since I had still had some time left but as I step outside, I sneezed a few times and shivered.

I guess I got a cold, so I had to call sick to school. Well, it's not really necessary, since she would probably be healed easily but she doesn't mind not going to school that day since she needed some rest then continue doing more commissions.

Damian's POV

Class has started and yet Marinette haven't arrived yet. I look at Jon but he shook his head and shrugged. He doesn't know too.

The teacher started talking and after a while, my curiosity got the better of me and I raised my hands and blurted out,

"Where is Marinette?"

The teacher's eyes widen and she answered, "Oh yes, Marinette called in sick today, so she won't be coming today" Jon and I shared a look. The teacher continued to talk.

Third Person POV

Damian and Jon patrolled in their alter ego, both stopped a few mugs and robbery. Both boys decided to check on Marinette as their heroes personas.

They peaked through an ajar curtain and both frowned upon seeing her busy doing something late at night.

An angel could get sick, yes, but it isn't a huge problem. They have quick healing abilities, actually, almost all angel has this common ability.

Marinette had other abilities that benefits her, like, fast regeneration, quick reflexes, and a few others.

After Marinette slept for a few hours, she was completely healed, so she decided to work on more commissions and would be sleeping late again since she could wake up late the next day since its the weekend.

Both boys didn't know the fact though...

Robin barged to her room from her window which surprised Marinette while Jon followed behind Robin flying through her now opened window and looked guilty.

Jon felt bad for barging in while Damian didn't feel any remorse.

Marinette was surprised that both heroes decided to barge into her room. Why though? Ohh, they are her classmates.

But why would Robin/Damian and Superboy/Jon visit her? Wait, she did call that she was sick today. I should've slept by now since I'm technucally 'sick'.

"Why aren't you asleep?" Robin or Damian asked and Superboy or Jon tilted his head in confusion.

She spoke up, "Well, why would I be asleep?"

"You're sick Marinette!" Robin blurted out, Marinette and Jon was surprised by his answer.

Robin realized his mistake and cleared his throat while Superboy stood there awkwardly, "Well, its late Ms"

She shook her head out of his thoughts, "It's fine, I know your intentions are good." She gave a smile.

"I'll take it into consideration but thank you"