Chapter 22

Marinette's POV

They haven't contacted me yet, as far as I have checked, which was not long ago. I was starting to think it'll take some time to get a reply. I hope he actually replied anyways. As I sighed for the umpteenth time today, having a lot in mind because of that alongside a few other things.

"Marinette?"

I turned and saw that Damian had called me. "Yes?" I answered.

"Is something troubling you?" He questioned and I shrugged, "I suppose, but then again I've always had trouble everywhere I go anyways" She mumbled the last part, despite that, Damian heard it.

'Whay does she mean that trouble follows her everywhere?'

An awkward silence ensued and Damian cleared his throat, "Uhm,.. What is troubling you?" He asked awkwardly and she giggled at his attempt, "Its none of your concerns but since a few days before, I have a lot in my mind" She was crying internally by her added work and waiting for the information about the meeting. Even if she always had lots of tasks at hand, but still.

'Not only you' He thought bitterly, these last few days, he and father has been desperately searching for more information regarding Ladybug. His imbeciles of brothers, are not helping much. Todd is going as usual and not helping at all, Grayson lend some help at times while also going as usual, and Drake, he has been some help, but he isn't working as hard as me nor father.

The others didn't bother much searching for more information regarding Ladybug! Don't they see a threat!? What if she was an evil mastermind? She could attack them anytime. Or maybe it was all a lie?! They are imbeciles anyways, what did he expect?

"It's the same for me" She turned her head towards his direction and had a surprised expression and realization hit her.

Oh yeah, he is Robin after all! I almost forget about that. It's most likely connected with me, or more specifically Ladybug. Batman wasn't civil nor trusting towards me. He probably searched for more information regarding me since not a lot is known about me and the Miraculous. When I recall the conversation, Robin was the most wary and cautious with me compared to his team mates.

The others were still cautious but were more open. They were actually intrigued about the miraculouses capabilities. Actually, maybe Robin was even more cautious than Batman himself! I now felt guilty that he had added workload because of me.

"Oh, you too? I suppose we both haven't have the best last few days then" I chuckled and he nodded.

Evening....

I transformed into Ladybug and was going to go when a 'ding' grabbed my attention. I opened my yo-yo into the bug phone and found a notification from an unknown number.

I opened and read the reply,

Saturday, 9pm,
Meet me at the same place as the last time we meet

Batman

She wasn't surprise at the short reply and lack of information on the message. At least it's on the evening and on a Saturday. She was also relieved that he actually replied and there was going to be a meeting soon. She hope that Wonder Woman would be there. Also probably the other bats, not only Batman, that'll be great.

Third Person POV

Saturday

Ladybug landed at the venue at 8.40 pm. She rather be early than late, she is a punctual person after all (The irony, in the show). A few minutes later, she heard a thud from behind her. She was expecting him anyways.

"Batman" She turned and saw his silhouette. He grunted, "Ladybug"

As she was about to speak, he cut her, "You're early" He pointed out.