Chapter 8

Marinette's POV

I was shocked when Jagged and Penny told me about the Wayne Gala. They came to Gotham to attend it, invited by Bruce Wayne, himself. I guess he noticed that I looked confused and told me they were old friends and that surprised me even more.

"Wait, so the suit and the dress you ordered last month is for the Gala?" I questioned and both nodded their heads excitedly. "Wow! That's amazing, I never knew" I was still surprised.

"And we wanted you to join us" Penny stated and I was taken aback. "You want me to come with you guys to the Gala!?" I exclaimed,  surprised evident on my features and they both nodded their heads excitedly. "Of course, why wouldn't I want my honorary niece to join us" He said and I hugged both of them excitedly.

"Can't wait! When is the Gala?" I questioned. "Well, a week from now" He said and I froze on my spot. I had a week to make a new dress for the gala, I think I can do it. That's why the Wayne's commissioned me five suits a week before the Gala.

"That's why the Wayne's commissioned me for five suits" I said realizing and both nodded. "I wouldn't be surprised that they ask you, you are the most talented designer I've ever met Nettie!" I giggled.

A week later

Jagged and Penny had picked me up from the apartment and now, we have arrived. Jagged and Penny was together, holding hands while I trailed behind them. "Wow" I was awe struck by the Gala, the archtecture of the room was amazing! It was also beautifully decorated and there were lots of people there, chatting amongst themselves. I felt a bit out of place, since I've never really been to one.

As if Jagged and Penny read my mind, both their hands was on each of my shoulders. "It's going to be fine Nettie, I promised." Jagged said looking at me. "No, we promised" Penny corrected and we laughed. "Now, we need to meet Bruce and thank him for the invitation" Jagged walked and I followed them. He was walking towards a man surrounded by lots of boys, different ages and height.

The man must be the famous Bruce Wayne and the rest of the boys, probably his adopted sons. She had read about them before going to Gotham. Though two looked quite familiar as they neared.

"Bruce!" Jagged called. He turned and smiled, the other boys followed him. "Ah, Jagged, it's been a while!" Jagged nodded and they shared a short hug.

"Yeah, it has." Jagged smiled. "This is Penny" He continued. "Pleasure to meet you Penny" He said and shook her hand and Penny nodded. Jagged moved aside and introduced her. "And I brought another guest" He gestured towards me.

"This is my honorary niece, Marinette" He said and I smiled, he looked quite surprised. "Pleasure to meet you Mr Wayne" I said and he nodded. Then there were gasps from the boys behind him. "Marinette?" A familiar voice said and I turned towards his direction and I stood there frozen. I didn't know he would be attending and is a Wayne!

There stood Damian all in glory, wearing a suit made by me. "Damian?" I said, more like a question. I looked around, and everyone looked confused and surprised with Dick, who was also wearing a suit by me.  He's also here, that meant he's a Wayne too since he is one of Damian's sibling. "Dick?" I continued.

"What are you doing here?" Damian questioned, confused. "Attending the Gala? What are you doing here?" I fired back. "Well, uhh.." He trailed off as the others snapped back to reality. He is Bruce Wayne's son. Damian Wayne, the only blood child of Bruce Wayne and the youngest child. And Dick, one of Damian's siblings, Richard Grayson. I knew I've heard that name before, he's the oldest son of Bruce Wayne, the first one to be adopted too, along the others. I've read about them, the richest family in Gotham.