Chapter 14

Marinette was walking home late from Wayne Manor, she barely manage to escape Damian. They had talked until the sky was dark. He insisted that Alfred brought her home since its late. They even asked her to stay for dinner which she politely decline since she felt that it would've burdened them.

While they were busy talking amongst themselves, she took the chance and disappeared. The boys realized too late while she was already outside the gates of Wayne Manor. While Alfred had a small smile.

She was walking on the sidewalk when she heard some footsteps.

She bumped into something, she apologized and saw that it was one of Gotham's Siren and reformed criminal, Catwoman. She heard she sometimes worked with Batman. Catwoman looked at her for a while until realization hit her.

"Your the kitten the boys have been talking about" While Marinette tilt her head slightly, confused as she squealed.

"Your so cute!" She hugged her as she spoke, "You're Marinette right?"

"Yes, but how do you know?" Marinette questioned.

"Well, I've heard you from a few people"

"Who?" She questioned. Who would be talking about her, except her friends or maybe the Waynes they were quite curious about her. Maybe she is acquainted with them?

"You were the one that defeated the Riddler in the museum, I've heard from a few people. The criminals and mainly the goons amongst criminals, they've been talking about it."

Marinette was surprised, she didn't expect that to happen. 

As Catwoman was about to speak up when the infamous Harley Quinn, also one of Gotham's Siren and reformed criminal dropped in as she cut her off, "Heya Catwoman, what kept you here?"

Harley looked around and saw Marinette and squealed. "Aww, who's the puddin'" As she hugged her while Catwoman chuckled.

"Marinette,-" As she whispered to Harley, "She's with the Bats" She continued which Marinette heard and made her confused while Harley smiled in understanding. Why did Catwoman said she's with the bats? Well, she did talked to them a few times.

"I didn't know you were so cute! I've heard of you of course. News spread fast. Great meeting you!"

"Nice meeting you too" She said and smiled while Harley squealed. "Her smile is bright! She's like a literal sunshine. Ivy would like her" As Catwoman nodded.

"So, what are you doing here at night? It's not a place for you sunshine" Harley said as she smiled at the nickname.

"Even though you defeated Riddler but still, it's not a safe place for you" Harley continued. "Well, I am walking back home" She answered.

Harley spoke up, "Okay, be safe though. It could get dangerous puddin" As she nodded. "Why so late?" Catwoman asked.

"Well, I was with a friend and I guess his siblings too" She giggled at the thought of the Wayne siblings. It was homey, even though it was quite chaotic, she has always been an only child.

Catwoman asked, "Who's your friend?" Its as if she had a knowing look which she is masking with a curious one. Which is odd.

She hesitated to answer the question but spoke, Well, I-" As she was cut off by Robin dropping in to her relief.

As he spoke up, "Leave her be Catwoman"

"Oh and the bird dropped in!" Harley exclaimed amused.

Catwoman smirked and giggled. "Oh its you, why are you here?" She definitely had a knowing look in her face but she's covering it up. Robin lightly glared and spoke up, "Well I-"