Chapter 16

Marinette's POV

I almost arrived in my apartment when my phone rang. I answered, "Hello?"

"Hey Mari, it's Jon"

"Hey Jon, what are you calling for?"

"Well, I wanted to make sure you were fine" He replied and I chuckled.

"I'm fine, how are you though?"

"I'm great!"

"I'm sorry for leaving early, my mind was distracted from today's event and I needed some time to process this day's events"

He chuckled, "You don't need to explain yourself-Oww" Then I heard another voice from the other line, which wasn't clear but familiar.

"Are you good there?" I asked while there were more voices.

"Yeah, sorry Mari. I'm at someone's house and there are a few people here" He said with some voices in the background.

"Oh, it's fine. If you don't mind me asking, who are you with?"

"Oh, I-" Jon was cut off and the voices became clearer but I couldn't really hear what they were saying, there were a lot of voices but all was boys, they were shouting and arguing.

"Mar-Hey-"

I heard 'Demon Spawn and 'Tod' and 'Jon' with a few other words.

I finally arrived at my apartment and sat down in the kitchen.

"Finally, I am sorry Mari. They were fighting"

"Its fine, so?"

"Oh,-"

"Jon" The voice was clear. Wait, the voice is similar. Isn't that Damian's voice?

"Damian?" I questioned and the line was silent. Then the voices were arguing again.

"Hello Marinette" Damian answered, my guess was right.

"Damian? You're with Jon, that means he's in your house?"

"Yes, he is. I invited him over, to hang out" He answered with a few snickers in the background.

"Oh, the voices are your brothers then?"

"Yes, they were just talking to us and leaving" And a few laughs were heard.

"Oh, how are you? I didn't see you after the attack, though I'm sorry for leaving early, my mind was distracted and I needed some time" I said.

"It's fine. Are you okay? You were the one talking to Joker" He joked and she heard a few gasp in the line and she giggled.

"I'm fine, thank you. Where were you anyways?"

"Well, I had to run some errands" I raised my eyebrows in questions, I know it's a lie, but didn't asked further.

"So, how's your brothers?" He sighed in the other line while the other voices or brothers were talking happily in the background.

"Well-Hey Todd-"

"Hey Sunshine, we're all great!" The other boys greeted me in the background and I greeted then back.

"How are you Sunshine? Or now Angel?" I giggled and spoke, "I suppose, but you can chose whichever you want"

"Todd! Give me back! Jon, help me! Hey Grayson! Drake not you too!" Damian' voice in the background with a few others.

"Hey!" They started fighting over the phone.

While she was confused on what to do until she decided whistle and the line was silent.