twenty four

Scarlet POV

We were in Anderson's car heading over to his apartment because Preston's wasn't safe anymore apparently. I took a deep breath in and shifted my eyes between Preston and Anderson, who were now staring at each other, having a silent conversation. Preston raised a brow at Anderson, who finally let out a deep breath. "The truth?" I squeaked, looking at the two of them. Violet leaned her head back against the seat and closed her eyes, running a finger along the cut on her cheek, "please do because," she let out a cough, scrunching her face in pain, "this getting kidnapped and beat up thing really doesn't work for me."

Preston looked back at Violet, turning his body around to face her. Anderson was driving, but I saw his eyes shift over to mine through the rearview mirror; I looked away and turned to Preston. "We're about to be at my apartment. Can we wait till we're sitting, please?" Anderson asked. Vi and I nodded our heads simultaneously.

Once we got to Anderson's, Violet and I immediately went to the couch to sit so they could tell us 'the truth.' Whatever the fuck that is. The guys sat opposite of us, Anderson's leg was bouncing nervously, and Preston kept smoothing down his pants like there were creases. "Are you guys gonna start? I don't mean to be a bitch, but my body is aching, and I really just want to sleep," Violet exclaimed, running a hand through her hair.

Preston glanced over at Anderson, "You start."

Anderson let out a deep breath and locked eyes with me, "Basically Preston and I are in rival gangs-"

"-uh, excuse me. Did I just hear that right? Gang as in gun shooting, drug importing, murderers gang?!" I shouted, pointing between the two guys. "Yes. I mean, no. Well, kinda. Just hear us out, please?" Anderson said, putting his hand on my knee. Violet nodded her head, motioning for them to continue.

"In LA, there are four major gangs; There's The Anarchists, they run Santa Monica to Torrance. Then there's The Void; they run Inglewood to Compton. Preston's gang is The Unseen, who run Burbank to West Covina, and there's my gang Fallen Angels. We cover Hollywood and Beverly Hills," Anderson said, glancing over to us, making sure we understood. I nodded my head, telling him to continue.

"Preston's crew and my crew are rivals; we have a history of disagreement and fighting going back years ago. That's why we hated each other so much that one time, we're not supposed to be friends, we're literally trained to kill each other. The leader of my gang is who you know as X but who I know as Damon," Anderson finished.

"Let me get this right; our club is a port for a gang?" Violet pondered, looking at Anderson intently. "Well, yes, but we never meant to involve you guys at all. You can't act like you know though because X will kill you both, please, you have to act clueless," Anderson insisted.

"My gang took you, Vi thinking you were working for Damon. They wanted to find a way to get back at him-" Preston started, but Violet cut him off, waving her hand in the air, "-wait, your gang took me?"

"Yes, but I had no idea they were doing this. If I knew baby," Preston said, grabbing Violet's hand, "I would have never let them do this, I swear. The minute I heard your voice, I grabbed help and saved you. I would never let anyone hurt you." I could hear the strain in his voice as if someone hurting Violet physically hurt him also.

"Then why were you keeping records on us, a-and pretending like you wanted to get to know me. Was I just a part of a job, or did I actually mean something to you?!" Vi yelled out, ripping her hand from his grasp to run a tired hand down her face.

Preston looked away, clenching his jaw; he then glanced back at Vi, moving forward to cup her face, "no, Vi. At first, yea, I was there to scout the place out and find any sort of leverage against Fallen Angels, but I fell in love with you. And I'm gonna get out of the gang to protect you because you're all that matters to me and I love you so much."

Violet put her palm on Preston's closing her eyes, melting into his touch but seemed to remember the circumstances, and pulled her head back. She shook her head and looked over to me, I saw the tears welled in her eyes. Vi and I had been best friends for so long, I could basically read her mind and I knew she didn't have the energy to respond anymore.

"This is a lot to take in right now so if you guys could please just give us some privacy for a few days so we can think things over," I wasn't mad at them just in shock, it would take Vi and me a few days to recuperate.

"No. You can't go to your apartment, it's not safe there. Stay here and I'll stay in a hotel for a few days or weeks, however long you need," Anderson said crossing his tattooed arms. "That's sweet but Violet and I were supposed to go to New York tomorrow to meet with the new Star World team. We can just switch our flights to tonight, no biggie." 

Easton would be running the LA Star World while we were gone. He was more than capable and knew how everything worked so even if we need to stay in New York for a few extra days, it would be fine.

"Okay. Just, please stay safe and on the lookout for anything suspicious I really don't want anything bad to happen to you," Anderson muttered grabbing my hands. I got on my tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek, "we will be fine, I'll text you when we land."

I still wasn't happy with him but I loved him and I wouldn't give up on us so easily.

"Okay, Scar." I went over to Violet and grabbed her hand to pull her off the couch. She gave a little look to Preston, trying to smile, but it came out as a grimace. He gave her a sad smile and looked at me as if to tell me to take care of her.

Once back at our apartment, we quickly packed some bags and switched flights. I grabbed my keys, and we got in my car to head to the airport. We got there right on time and rushed through TSA, running through the airport so we wouldn't be late for the flight.

Violet slept the whole plane ride; I tried but couldn't; my mind was too occupied.

We unlocked our apartment and stepped inside. We hadn't stayed a night in the new place yet since the last time we were in New York; everything was still getting furnished. I gasped; wow, this place was beautiful. A white fluffy cloud couch was placed in the center of the living room facing toward a t.v. The kitchen was themed green and black, plants sat on the top of the cabinets, and beautiful pictures adorned the walls. The view was beautiful; buildings that went on for miles loomed over the streets, making the cars and people look like small action figures.

"This place is amazing, I can't believe we live here," Vi exclaimed, running to the couch and jumping on it. I walked over to the window and stared out at the view, "this is a dream, pinch me," I felt a little sting on my arm and looked down; Violet was standing there grinning. "Hey, I didn't mean actually pinch me, ow," I mumbled, rubbing my arm. "Don't be a baby I literally got punched in the face yesterday."

"I don't know what to think Scar; this whole thing is so confusing. I feel like my whole relationship with Preston was one big lie," Vi sat on the couch and looked up at me, hurt pooled in her eyes. I sat down next to her, "This is all really weird and unexpected, I agree, but some part of me doesn't care. I love Anderson, and I know he would never intentionally hurt me and I may sound stupid or naive but I still trust him and want to be with him."

"It still hurts Scarlet. I feel like Preston took my love and used it against me, he's not who I thought he was."

"Violet, since I'm your best friend I'm going to be completely honest with you, yes, it sucks they're not completely who we thought they were but Preston loves you. I can see it when he looks at you, he looked physically in pain when you were hurt. Obviously, it's gonna take some time to get used to but in the end, he loves you so much and I can tell he will do anything for you."

She looked down at her hands and nodded, "you're right, I'll give him another chance, it's just gonna take me a little while."