seventeen

Violet POV

I was woken up by my blaring alarm clock at 5 am. First of all, the alarm nearly gave me a heart attack, causing me to jump out of my sleep. Second of all, I can't believe I am waking up when it's still dark outside. The reason I decided to wake up at this ungodly hour is because Scarlet and I have our flight to New York today. I am beyond excited. I have never been to New York, but it's somewhere I've always wanted to go. The fact that we have the opportunity to open a club out there is amazing. I got out of bed, washed my face, brushed my teeth, then went to Scarlet's room to make sure she was up as well. 

Luckily, Scarlet was awake and finishing up her packing. River, being the amazing guy he is, offered to drive us to the airport. The guys promised that they are going to take great care of Star World while we're gone, and we trust them completely. We're staying in New York for a week. We want to check out the city, check out the location for the new Star World, and potentially check out apartments, for when we want to stay there and work at the Star World in New York. We have to leave by 5:30, so I quickly washed my body and threw on sweats and a sweatshirt. It might be hot outside later today, but it's cold in the mornings and will definitely be cold in the airport. 

I ate a protein bar, then grabbed my bags and set them by the front door. "Vi, River will be here in five!" Scarlet told me, making sure I'll be ready in time. I double checked my carry on backpack, I made sure a blanket, headphones, charger, glasses, and my wallet were inside. River called us letting know he was here to pick us up. "Fuck, I can't believe I'm awake right now." I told Scarlet as we descended the stairs and went towards River's car. Scarlet agreed, sipping her coffee. God damn it, why didn't I think to get some coffee? I'll get some at the airport. The car ride was filled with River being his charming, funny self. I was too tired to join the conversation too much, but I continuously thanked River for taking us. 

Once we got to the airport I gave River twenty dollars, for gas for driving us, ignoring his refusal. Scar and I gave him a big hug. "Riv, you're in charge this week. Don't burn down the place!" Scarlet told him, jokingly, but also seriously. We all laughed, then Scar and I made our way into the airport. We found a Starbucks inside of the airport and I ordered a coffee, while Scarlet ordered a croissant. Scarlet was starring at her phone with a huge grin, causing me to wonder what she was looking at. There's no way she's texting someone at 6am, so It's probably just a funny post on Twitter. After an hour, we boarded the plane. I put in my headphones, played my chill playlist, then passed out for the entire plane ride. 

"NEW YOOORKK!" Scarlet was singing out the window of our Uber, once we arrived and were on our way to the hotel. I gave the driver a sympathetic smile, but he shook his head and laughed. I joined Scarlet and started singing, putting my head out the window as well. New York is amazing. We were in Manhattan. It was the middle of the night in New York, but Scar and I were wide awake. We got to the hotel and we're jumping up and down on the fancy beds. "We're finally in New York bitch!" I cheered to Scarlet. The hotel had complimentary champagne, which we opened right when we got there. We couldn't explore, considering everything was closed, but we got drunk and talked about all of our plans of what we were going to do while we are here.

We ended up falling asleep. We woke up at 9 am and immediately started to get ready. It was pretty cold in New York, considering it's October. I put on a white cropped turtle neck, a black leather jacket, and a zebra skirt. I decided to put my hair in a high ponytail, leaving the two front pieces of my hair out. Scarlet was wearing leather pants, a green crop top, and a fuzzy cream jacket. She had her hair down and straight. We both felt like we had to look good, so we both had on some colorful eyeshadow and winged eyeliner. I put on black platform Doc Martens, Scarlet doing the same. My phone started ringing, and I looked down, noticing it was Preston.