nine

Violet Blake POV

I was dragged out of sleep by the sound of a loud bang. I grabbed my phone and checked the time and it was 7:45 am. Hell to the no. I hate waking up early, but what I hate even more than waking up early is waking up early after a night of drinking. Whenever I drink I feel like my body needs a long night of sleep so that I can rest and let the alcohol leave my system. I feel like it makes me less hungover, but I don't know if that's true. I decided to check out what made the loud noise that woke me up and left my room and walked into the kitchen.

Scarlet was sitting on the balcony, sipping a coffee, and starring out at the view. I opened the door that led to the balcony and sat with Scarlet. "Hey Scar. What was that bang and why the hell are you awake?" I asked Scarlet. "I'll explain, but first I got you a chai and banana-" Scar started to talk, but before she could finish I was on my feet running to the kitchen. A Chai Tea is just what I need right now to help with the hangover and banana bread is my favorite. I grabbed the Chai out of the fridge and grabbed the banana bread out of the microwave and made my way back to Scarlet.

"God Scarlet! You're my savior. God literally put you in my life I swear." I said to her, sitting back on the couch in the balcony. Scarlet just shook her head and laughed. "Anyways, the bang was me shutting the door to the apartment. Sorry it was kind of loud. So, I woke up this morning and couldn't find my phone and I realized I left it at Star World like a dumbass. I left to get it and when I got there it was unlocked, so I was kind of suspicious, but let it go. Then, one of the hottest guys I've literally ever seen walks in from the basement! I fucking forgot our creepy boss who we literally have never met does work there! The guy was tall as fuck and had really light blond hair and the hottest tattoos everywhere. He even had bright, gorgeous blue eyes." Scarlet explained to me.

"Oh god! Scarlet that's kind of scary. Like, the boss was really adamant that we stay out of his way. Hopefully that guy doesn't tell him you were there. But, fuck he does sound like he's gorgeous." I responded to Scarlet, trying to imagine the guy she saw in my head. "He was a dick, but I have a feeling he won't say anything. I wish he didn't work for that guy though, he's so hot I wish I could have met him under different circumstances." Scarlet tells me. I nodded, agreeing with her. For some reason, her talking about this guy made me think about that guy Palmer. Palmer was also tall and had a bunch of tattoos, and was extremely attractive as well. We eventually changed the topic of our suspicious boss we've never met, along with his work.

We talked about how successful the night was. Star World made so much money last night, and was a huge success. So many people were talking about it and it's great to see that people enjoyed our club. We decided to spend the day discussing ideas for next week. Tonight was another night club tonight. "I hope tonight will be just as, or more successful than last night." Scarlet told me while we were sitting on the couch in our apartment watching Netflix. "Honestly, I think it will be." I told Scarlet, thinking back to last night and how great it was. I focused my attention back to the tv, and a crazy thought popped into my head.

"S, I have a brilliant idea!" I randomly said to Scarlet, jumping onto my feet. "What, jeez you scared me!" Scarlet responded back to me. "We should get matching tattoos for Star World!" I cheered excitedly to Scarlet. We both have a couple of tattoos already, so one more little one won't hurt. I love tattoos and one to represent our club that we love and work so hard for is even better. "Shut up! That's such a good idea. I haven't gotten a tattoo in awhile!" Scarlet said to me, jumping off the couch as well. We decided on getting a simple little star. We decided to get the star on our wrists. The club isn't supposed to open for another two hours, so we decided to get ready now.

"Scar, call the nearest tattoo shops and look at reviews! I need to do my makeup." I yelled to Scarlet from my room as I quickly put glittery red eyeshadow on. I decided to do a bad bitch makeup look, simply because I felt like a bad bitch right now. I am so lucky that I live with my best friend, we're going to get cute matching tattoos, then we get to go open our club that we own. I am so lucky to have the life I have, and I just feel like a bad bitch today. I put on winged eyeliner, then some on the bottom as well. I quickly applied mascara, then lip gloss. I rummaged through my closet to figure out what I want to wear. I decided on a plain black, lace body con dress. I grabbed some red heels to match my makeup, and left my hair down straight.

"Violet! We have to leave in five, I scheduled a tattoo appointment, they were nice enough to squeeze us in so we can't be late!" Scarlet yelled to me from her bedroom. I quickly brushed my teeth to keep my breathe fresh and grabbed my little white purse. I met Scar in the living room and we rushed down the stairs and into my car. Scarlet had a dark smokey eye, along with bottom eyeliner and some pink lip gloss. She was wearing an off the shoulder and baby blue body con dress with white heels. Scarlet put the directions on her phone and told me where to go and how to get to the tattoo shop. We pulled up with about a minute to spare and rushed inside.

Honestly, I don't give a fuck that I look too dressed up for a tattoo shop. This is LA and I'm a business women baby! We walked in and Scarlet talked to the guy at the counter as I checked my phone. The boys were discussing who wanted which jobs tonight in our Star World group chat. Riley and Shay were arguing about who wanted to be the bartender first, typical boys. We filled out paperwork in order to get the tattoos. While we were sitting and waiting, the door chimed signaling that someone walked in to the shop. Out of curiosity, I looked up and immediately wished I didn't. Preston, the gorgeous, tall, tattooed man who saved me at the club, Sin, awhile ago had just walked in.

No surprise he's in here, considering he's already covered in tattoos. It's just a crazy coincidence he was in this shop out of all of them. No doubt my face was bright red and all I could do is hope to God that he didn't recognize me. He walked up to the counter and had a short conversation with the guy working there, then of course with my luck, he sat right next to me. "So, Violet, we meet again." Preston said to me with a smirk. Scarlet looked at me, confusion written all over her face, considering she never got to see what Palmer actually looked like. "Yeah, fancy seeing you here." I responded to him, trying to not seem nervous. "Funny, I was actually planning on checking out your club. I saw your interview, seems pretty sick." Preston said to me, which made me smile.

"Thanks. Our first themed night was last night, but tonight's a normal club night. Next Friday will be another theme though. Swing by whenever you feel like." I told him, his piercing eyes watching me. Scarlet's name got called, so we got up and made our way to get our tattoos. "I'll see you later, Violet." Preston yelled to me, after we have already walked away. Scarlet gave me a glare, signaling she really wants to know what just happened. As the tattoo artist was preparing to tattoo me, I whispered to Scarlet that he was Preston, the guy who saved me from the man who tried to drug me when we went to the club, Sin. "Damn, you were right, he is hot as hell." Scarlet whispered back to me. The tattoo only hurt a tiny bit, because it was such a small tattoo.

By the time Scarlet finished getting her tattoo, it was nearly time for us to prepare to open Star World. After we got into the car, Scarlet spoke up about Preston, "So, do you think he'll come tonight? God, he's definitely into you. He kind of reminds me of the guy I saw earlier at Star World. Tall, tattooed, and hot as fuck!" I shook my head, "He is not into me! I wish, but he really just seemed interested in Star World. He probably just wants to party. And now you're making me wish I saw that guy from earlier even more." I responded back to Scar. Once we got to Star World we met u with the guys and set out everything in order to open. The guys helped us set up tables and hang up some string lights, just for fun. Once everything was ready, we started the music and unlocked the doors for the public to come in.

I decided to just have a couple of drinks and relax and hangout with Shay at the bar while he was bartending. The night was in a full swing and I decided to look for Scarlet. I found her talking to Easton on the other side of the bar. I decided to talk with them for a little, but it was hard to focus. I kept staring at the entrance hoping Palmer would show up. I usually never care about guys, but there's just something about Palmer that sparks my interest. I don't even know anything about him, maybe that's what makes him interesting. He's just tall, attractive, and mysterious. I looked around and saw everyone in the club having a great time, jumping around dancing, even some people dancing on the poles, looking like they actually did it for a living.

The night flew by, probably because I was distracted. What's Preston's problem? He said he wanted to check out Star World, so why didn't he? Maybe he just said that to be nice and make conversation. Preston probably has no interest In Star World. He definitely has better things to do with his life. By the time we got back to our apartment, I was exhausted. I barely did anything today, but I was tired. Probably still tired from last night to be honest, drinking drains me. I decided to get ready for bed right when I got home. I laid in my bed, scrolling through instagram, wishing I could at least stalk Preston's instagram. Of course, I don't know what that mysterious mans instagram is or even if he has one.

Author's Note: Hi everyone! I really hope you're enjoying this story. PLEASE comment your opinions and what you think about the chapters or the book in general, I'd love to hear! Thank you so much for reading! :)