Chapter 16

Ranbir carelessly entered a small, dusty room - smashing the door open. Startled a domestic help came running towards the agonized lad;

"Bhaiya ji, do you need anything, I ..."

"Keep your f*cking ears and eyes open when I call you!!"

"Forgive me, saab had asked me not to leave his side till he gets better."

"No wonder he's always reluctant to get married again..."

"Sorry?" - The domestic help looked puzzled.

"Shut up! Where is that piece of sh*t?!"

"In the adjacent room - over there.." - He pointed out the ray of light coming from a corner. Ranbir observed the lifeless body with utter disgust as it lay on the canned bed - bandaged from head to toe and hardly holding onto his consciousness;

"So, the doctor needed a doctor eh?" - The injured man looked up fidgeting in fright.

"Don't - kill me please - I - b-beg you. I'll do any - thing to survive."

"Anything? Is that right?" - Ranbir raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Y-yes sir, anything you ask me to..."

"In that case..." - Ranbir put his pistol on the plastered leg of the injured man, "Your murder is off the table..."

"Thank you sir - I"

"Bark it all out!!!"

"Your elder brother Jai had been tracing you since that accident by the road and sent me to bring that girl to him." - Ranbir glared at the latter as he knelt down with the gun in hand.

"What else?"

"Jai - he, along with your mother, have plans to keep the girl hostage as an easy access to you and r -" The bruised man stopped witnessing Ranbir's detached features.

"R*pe her. Is that it?"

"As far - as - as I know. Jai is waiting for a response from me. He's already out in search of her."

"Thank you." - Ranbir got up assembling his gun in hand.

"Wh - what exactly are you doing?"

"Your murder was off my list only till I extricated the necessary information from you!"

"Sir please, don't. I'll not keep any contact with your family - I - I swear!!"

"You were daring enough to play a bait for that son of a b*tch and stupid enough to think that I won't catch you. So how can your ending be any different from the previous ones? Above all, how could you even forget that you were dealing with Jai's brother? Who would kill you a hundred folds more ruthlessly than him?"

"Sir please -"

"No? Well, I have got a better idea..." - He took out the wrecked cell phone and dialed the familiar number.

"If your call was to delay for another couple of hours; I would have skinned you there and then!!"

"How adorable is this telepathic connection between us." - There was a sudden stillness on the other end of the call, "Who - who is this?"

"Trembling with fear already? It's your brother from another brothel Jai. I missed, putting my ears to bleed with your zombie-like voice."

"It should be - you - who needs to be worried about - about his life!"

"Are you even for real? You rather sound like you immediately pooped in your underpants just by my mere presence on call. No wonder you attacked me undercover - scared like a woman wearing heavy bangles!!"