Chapter 20

To all my silent and active readers, missed you all so much and along with that I am open to all the abuses you wish to bestow upon me for keeping you guys hanging for approximately 6 months! The situation had been extremely tricky I got locked out of my account and I didn't know where to access back from!! As promised this chapter is although shorter, but, dedicated to naturelover25 and @yashsvified (Yashu) for being so helpful in terms of taking care of my notifications on Wattpad!! Love to all! 

Prachi disconnected the call immediately. She quickly glanced towards the wall clock, it was past 12 am. Uncertain of if she should try again or not and with endless gruesome images flashing before her eyes, Prachi squeezed the smartphone in her hands. However, her expressions had just shifted from being extremely overwhelmed to plainly disgusted; her grip over her phone had loosened, she carelessly threw it on the bed and reached for one of her assignment journals to read - trying hard to concentrate.

Every time her fingers trailed over each part of the text; she felt a familiar sensation throughout her body; her mind went back to the bold moments she had forcibly spent with him. Her first encounter in the corridor, in his hostel room, in the basketball court, in the midst of the road accident; in each corner of his home; in his bedroom. All of such encounters had one thing in common. His touch. His God-damn touch.

She had never allowed any man to go to such lengths to get intimate with her and here she was just reflecting upon emotional intimacy; she had every moral value taught by her mother engraved in her mind; she had every boundary set around her to save herself from all sorts of fantasies and evil temptations - and needless to say she had been successful. Yes, she was undoubtedly successful, until he came...

He came, crossed and practically crushed her moral boundaries which she held up all her life. Her flesh was deliberately touched, bruised, caressed... almost brutally, shamelessly kissed in broad daylight. He was the epitome of everything her mother had warned her about. She had warned him, cursed him, hated him, yelled at him, slapped him. But, not even once did she ask him to stop. Was it because she actually liked it? Maybe she did. His blazing gaze, his proximity, his touch, his embrace.

She wanted to hate him for what kind of a human he was. She wanted to fight him. She wanted to beg him to stay away. But, every time he stepped closer, it made her weaker. Her disgust, her anger towards him was merely because he was practically challenging and revealing her deepest wish for emotional and physical intimacy which was suppressed in the shackles of society and religion. Since day one, the truth remained, that she was drawn towards him. More than being touched; her fear only revolved around the consequence of being caught. Even the mere thought made her quiver.

The gorgeous devil had practically possessed every inch of her mind, and body and not in a good way! And the worst part was - she wanted it more, she wanted him more - all of him. Yes she did.

Despite the growing self-hate, for having such bold feelings with him in the picture; she wanted to be sure that he made his way back safely. She wanted to see him - now. She slowly shut the journal, grabbed the keys of the main door and made her way out of the bedroom - his f*cking bedroom.

Prachi tip-toed inside Raghuveer's room with a hot bowl of cream soup and two toasted pieces of bread. In case, the elderly man was asleep; she would just place the eatables by his side and it happened otherwise she would just sit with him to seek some comfort and sanity till the brat returns. To her surprise, he was wide-awake. He sat comfortably on his bed, with his back leaning against the head-rest and legs stretched and covered with the blanket. He was apparently typing a text on his cell phone.

"I am trying to figure-out who is the bigger liar amongst us?"

"Both of us. We are awake because of one person, by starving ourselves; and do not wish to admit it." - Shocked by the last bit, Prachi quietly placed the eatables and sat beside the elderly man.