Chapter 4

"Leave at once! Otherwise you'd be responsible for your hospital expenses!!" - Ranbir warned.

"This isn't over as yet!"

"I'd be patiently waiting for your pathetic comeback." - After Vikram had left dragging himself with Uday's support; Ranbir's gaze fell on the figure sitting on the ground.

Prachi was slowly picking her stuff; observing the condition of the items one by one; her bag and books were all waterlogged; her phone was scattered into pieces - battery covers on one end and screen covered with dust. Though she managed to pull off a calm face; her slightly shivering hands were somewhat a proof that she might have had experienced ragging for the very first time - Ranbir mused.

Till she reached her neck and realized her dupatta wasn't with her; she gave him a quizzical look. Avoiding the awkward air, Ranbir moved forward and gently placed the piece of cloth around her neck.

Without meeting his gaze she fixed her messy hair; she had expected him to leave her there and then however, to her surprise he stood still with his arms crossed; watching her patiently - as she arranged her stuff.

In the next instant he had extended his hand.

Is he really the same person who had ruthlessly humiliated and harassed me for entering the wrong premises? - Prachi looked up at him wordlessly.

"I don't have the whole day!" - Her chain of thoughts was interrupted; she took his support and stood up brushing her clothes.

"Ranbir!" - Both of them turned to see Neha, running towards them.

"I am so sorry, I saw what all happened but, couldn't reach because of the crowd encircling you all; are you guys okay?" - In response, Ranbir and Prachi just exchanged tangled stares with each other and then towards Neha.

"I sure am - however, I'm surprised to see you hanging out with such brainless people."

"She wasn't concerned about you!"

"You just crushed my heart into pieces..." - Ranbir stated sardonically; ignoring the fuming girl standing next to him.

"Hang on; have you two met before?"

"Oh yes; we had an encounter earlier - a steamy one!" - Ranbir smirked.

"Don't even talk about it..."

"So, it was you?" - Neha retorted utterly surprised.

"I'd give the honors to this stupid lady for the necessary details."

"Thanks for being so freaking generous; perhaps I'd pass on these stupid honors!"

"Oh my - somebody's having a hard time dealing with humiliations..." - Ranbir remarked with a straight face. Before Prachi could hit back; Neha intervened.

"Okay you two - time out. Ranbir, allow me to introduce you to my best friend Prachi."

"Your best friend? That's contrasting; it's not that I want to know."

"Even I'm not interested in knowing such a horrifying; manner less person like you! I didn't ask you to be my knight in the shining armor - what are you!" - He stepped forward with a narrowed gaze.

"I thought you had pretty much gotten an idea of what kind of a person I am - when you dashed into my room feasting your eyes on me as I stood naked!" - Prachi's face reddened with shame.

"Naked?" - Neha exclaimed in shock.

"That's not true! Neha, let's go from here." - Prachi held Neha by her arm.