Chapter 5

She didn't realize for how long she had been running through the forest following her father - who was getting afar with every passing moment.

"Papa!" - She called out multiple times as loud as possible; however, he moved ahead heedlessly, keeping his pace intact - ignoring her cries. The forest seemed denser than usual, with rusty leaves entangling her feet but, she kept moving as fast as probable. Till she hit a thorny bark of the tree leaving her knee bruised with oozing blood.

"Papa wait it's me!" - She limped forward through the agonizing pain.

As soon as she felt little relieved getting out of the forest, her vision was abruptly obstructed by haze but, she kept dragging herself. Nonetheless she realized she was at the edge of a cliff and had lost the track,

"Papa! Come back!" - crying over her misfortune she knelt down, closing her eyes, cursing herself.

With all the memories of her mother flashing in her mind; a strong urge forced her to open her eyes and get up, "Just one step and everything would end..."

"One step..." - She kept on convincing herself. With the wild gust, she felt the air underneath her feet till she got crudely drawn back,

"Ranbir..." - In the next instant she found herself being glared at, twisted in his arms.

Prachi woke up entirely shocked and grabbed a glass of water; trying to make sense of what she saw and choked at once.

"Hey, are you okay? - Neha got up, turning on the lamp; Prachi kept quiet for the longer period of time.

"I saw that dream again..." - Prachi mumbled with horror on her face.

"Relax, this always happens when you're too much anxious. If God's willing you'd find him - trust me."

"It - it was different."

"What do you mean?"

"I was on the edge of catching a glimpse of my father; I was bleeding and Ranbir - he saved me."

"Ranbir? That's strange. I'm not sure how and why would come into the picture."

"That's exactly what I'm worried about."

"And that's the first time, correct?"

"Obviously..."- Observing the agitation on her friend's face; Neha thought of lightening the air a bit.

"Well, this is what happens when someone rests in your subconscious and you don't even notice it."

"Who are you talking about?"

"The handsome hunk, who is causing you sleepless nights these days."

"It's not a joke! Damn you Neha!" - Prachi lay down; shunting a pillow over her head.

Neha instantly regretted.

"Listen, I'm sorry I was just trying to cheer you up; come on get up."

"I'm not up for another sermon from you at 3 am!"

"I'm not trying to." - Neha smiled, "But, could I give you my take on this one?" - Prachi got up carelessly throwing the soft pillow on the floor.

"Brace yourself as I'm going to combine my high school Psychology basics here; I don't really care much about dream interpretations; however, I do believe that our dreams might give us a subtle sign about the future."

"And how does that moron have a slightest link to my future?"

"To keep it simple, we meet certain people in our lives for a reason. As much as I could absorb about this dream; Ranbir is being a hindrance in your quest of reaching your father but then again, you never know the divine authority is actually indirectly saving you from a huge repercussion through him. Think about it, why didn't aunty let you go and meet your father all these years? Above all why are you bumping into Ranbir from time to time?" - Prachi felt weak recollecting every bit of information she had.