Chapter 13

The practitioner took a while to comprehend the sudden tension in the room - an apparently enraged young man was standing in the doorway giving death glares to him and the panic-stricken girl beside him;

"What do you want, kid? Mr Singh has already been frantic about her health and you're sort of disrupting her on-going check up. Move it!" - As he fixed the rest of her shirt - gently moving his fingers onto her shoulder - Ranbir moved forward tightening his fist, trying his best to digest the scene in a calm manner.

"Are you the maniac dressed up as a doctor?"

"What do you mean by dressed up as a doctor? I am a doctor!!"

"Well, your disgusting features validate that your father had plainly penetrated into the wrong hole!" - While Prachi stared at him in utter embarrassment; the practitioner was equally left speechless.

"Now before you open your stinking mouth any further - allow me to tell you that you've been caught red-handed for taking advantage of the solitude and harassing my client!"

"Harassment? Who the hell are you to charge me for such a hideous act?"

"Officer Pratap - Special branch. What were you doing with my client half an hour ago?" - The pseudo aggression on the skinny face was soon replaced by pure fright.

"Wh- I mean - I came to - I mean treat her - Mr Singh is the witness."

"Mr Singh just got shot and holds you as the prime suspect!

"Got shot by me?? He was standing here some time ago! And I have been with her since then!"

"Do you mean that you knowingly sent him away so that you could fiddle with the integrity of this innocent lady? Smart move!" - The doctor's face was blown with anger and shock while Prachi sat a bit upright - enjoying the hilarious cross-questioning.

"God no!! I - ask this crazy woman!"

"This is the only statement of yours, I would have to agree with." - Ranbir let out a sigh.

"Excuse me? Didn't you get cheesy with me, right after you stepped into this room - mentioning that the "fun" for me has just started!?"

"Is that so?" - Ranbir's face hardened.

"Well yes! I mean - no - I..." - More than his babbling; a tiny red dot flashing through his shirt caught Ranbir's attention.

"I am afraid but, your majority of the twisted declarations do not provide enough evidence. You'd have to come with me for further investigation."

As Ranbir walked away; their eyes met. She observed the smooth shift of his facial expressions from mischief to being completely unsettled.

Making sure that he was far away from the door; Ranbir caught hold of the mysterious man's collar - kicking him down the stairs. And while he tossed over the sharp edges of the marble; Ranbir held his mobile phone scattered on one of the stairs - keeping it safe in his jeans pocket.

The skinny man took a few seconds to realize the hot liquid streaming down the corner of his forehead - before he could react - his nose was already smashed on one of the adjacent pillars;