Chapter 2

"Weirdo.." - Prachi managed to get up brushing the minor dust off her clothes. After a struggle of another 10 minutes she reached her destination.

As over cautious as she had always been; she yet again took out her schedule sheet just to make sure she's reached the right place.

Fornet Student Housing was a separate vicinity that occupied a huge chunk of the area; situated right next to the administration block.

It was divided into separate buildings for male and female students respectively each building further divided by huge metallic gates surrounded by lush green lawn - between those gates were somewhat a rocky path for students to go their classes.

Prachi received a warm welcome from middle-aged lady on the counter who also happened to be the Chief Proctor;

"New admission?" - The kind lady asked studying the nervousness on Prachi's face.

"Yes." - Prachi responded gently.

"You'd be fine." - After going through the concerned documents; the lady gave her the room keys and directed where the room actually was.

"Actually I am waiting for someone can I just wait in the lounge area?"

"Why not." - Rearranging her luggage, she quietly sat on one of the sofas checking her next task for the day. She got distracted by a familiar voice;

"Hey psychopath!" - Her best friend Neha called out from a distance - Without any response Prachi conveniently shifted her gaze back to the file.

"Fine, I know I'm late; but, what could I do I was so messed up with a million other things."

"You were so busy that you actually kept me waiting, practically forgetting meeting me at the college gate - you were so messed up that you managed to doze off and ignore my phone calls as always -and you were so preoccupied being your slacker-self that I was left in the middle of a flashy moronic crowd; slogging my ass to get in here!!! So, please - please don't even bother to explain!!"

Prachi was loud enough - not only to silence her friend, but startled the woman at the counter.

Uneven gaze, slightly trembling hands, and pinkish shade obvious all over the face - that was more than enough for Neha to figure out that her best friend's burst out wasn't because of her - rather something which Prachi had bottled up for a while now - her late arrival was only an egg on; followed by inquiring gaze exchanged between the immediate audiences.

"Chief, would you please take care of her luggage, while we're out?"

Neha requested, gesturing her friend to accompany her.

************

Pragya glanced at her cell phone from time to time as she drove back - it had been quite some time since she left the campus and her feet were aching but she could not stop until she reached home.

Throughout her way back, she had bombarded her mind with countless thoughts regarding her daughter's safety also trying to figure out the logic behind Prachi's unexpected outburst the previous night.

Was she being too strict? All her life did she actually care for her daughter or simply bossed around? Was it her practicality or insecurity of losing her only support system?

Talking of insecurity - It was not the first time Pragya had experienced such a feeling; she had been through it years back when Abhi left and she received a huge backlash not only from her in-laws but, her own family.

Her world fell apart when her own mother called her a failure in marriage; showering her with all the accusations possible.

Meanwhile, Aliya had taken complete advantage of the whole situation. Pragya had taken all those remarks as a strong hit to her dignity; without knowing where to go she left with a 7-year-old Prachi only to never look back.