Chapter 1

It was a usual evening of summers, when everyone else was enjoying the last night of the weekend, Prachi was completely involved in organizing her admission documents while sitting comfortably, and undisturbed on her wooden single bed she had finally got the acceptance letter from Fornet Business School, her dream institute. But, as weird as it would have seemed she had no emotions whatsoever, for which she had studied hard for a long time - she was lost.

Prachi was the only child of her parents. When Abhi left the house; Pragya had taken the responsibility of raising her only daughter as a single parent.

The place where she lived was a town one would not call it peaceful but, isolated with a lesser population residing there in houses, a few hours away from the city for almost 7 years now.

Her house gave an impression of an old cemented hut with a rusty gate followed by a stoned pathway leading to the main wooden door entrance, with a yellow bulb in the center of the ceiling. A small rose garden on the left side.

After going through her checklist for the third time, and making sure that she had not missed anything, Prachi got up from the bed, neatly placed her admission documents in a file cover and placed it on her study table for the next morning her first day on campus.

At the moment, there were a number of reasons behind her bizarre behavior; firstly, she always feared the unknown, having been shown a pathway by her mother and that her mother was not very convinced about the university, she was unsure about the very first decision she had made on her own.

Moveover, she was upset because her now ex fiance Varun had called off their engagement.

After a while, Pragya entered her room with a sober expression on her face;
"Done with the documents?"
"Hmm..." - Prachi replied while taking out her suitcase from the top of the wardrobe

"I don't want you to study in Fornet neither do I want you to stay in a hostel by yourself.

"What made you think like that?" - Prachi folded her dress and put it in the suitcase.

"What do you mean? I am your mother, I know what is better for my daughter I know you!

"Stop treating me like a kid maa. I am a grown up now. I know what I am doing." - She mumbled dryly.

"No you don't! You don't have the slightest idea! The open environments there, the kind of stuff the teenagers indulge themselves in and most importantly the guys out there - might well forget it!" - Prachi stared at her mother with an irritable look.

"Can I tell you something? This overprotective behavior of yours towards me is quite suffocating now... Let me just make my own decisions for Heaven's sake!"

"How dare you speak to me like that?! I have always let you do whatever you wanted!!"

"No! You always made me do those things which you thought were right! Like living in this isolated place forever, not letting me go for outings, always thrusting your terms on me making me a book-worm! Honestly speaking, this irritates me no, you irritate me!" - At that moment Prachi's temper was rising;

"You need to realize who you are talking to!"

"Come on Maa, let's just face it; you are insecure; selfish; you want me to stay glued to you all the time. But, do you care? Obviously you don't. Why would you, since my childhood you had been pressuring me with your expectations and that was it. You never gave a crap to what I was interested in. Frankly speaking, I am not concerned with whatever happened with you and your husband! It was not my fault! You were the one to bring me into this world and make me suffer!!"