Chapter 9

Disinterested Ranbir, skimmed through the medical bill on the counter - fiddling through his pockets to find his wallet. After whatever happened with him, he just wanted to leave. From his stance, the overall situation was getting ridiculous - firstly, Prachi had unnecessarily gotten involved and created a mess, last but not least, the man Ranbir always looked upon for his maturity; had been near to begging Prachi for no reason.

Having said that, Ranbir wasn't ready to leave the elderly man all by himself either - Raghuveer had been equally stressed out by the turn of events and leaving him without intimation wouldn't be a wise decision; especially after experiencing his rising temper. The brat wasn't prepared to deal with any further problems at this instant. Perhaps waiting would be safer option - Ranbir mulled.

Ignoring countless shocked faces of the audience, literally gasping at his bloodied state; he quietly made his way to the parking space in front of the hospital. He had just reached the car door - when a familiar face caught his eye;

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry but you weren't answering the phone so I thought I -"

"Aman, because of your carelessness Divya and her ba****ds are now following me everywhere; and even now, rather than using your brain you couldn't pull your horses!"

"Sir, I just wanted to inform you that her accounts have been blocked."

"That's not enough. Hire the best team or whatever it takes; but from now onward I want to know about every single step Divya takes."

"I'll try my best."

"If you fail at this task, be rest assured that you'd lose your job."

"Now, leave before kaka finds you here." - Terrified Aman nodded and left.

Taking out a deep sigh of frustration, he inclined back at the car door with his arms crossed - the day was miserable indeed and he shouldn't be sorry about it; in fact his whole life revolved around this one word - he should have gotten used to that by now. Yet a tiny bit of the incident had left him unsettled all this time; he felt helpless, he felt scared. The emotions he usually brushed off of himself were lingering inside of him and he couldn't understand why. Maybe it was just the fact that Prachi's clinginess was driving him insane. He could deal with his already troubled life on his terms If only she stopped bothering him for good.

*************

A group of injured men stood in line; as she peacefully completed reading her favorite magazine. Working for her for so many years now; those men were aware that her prolonged silence and indifference was way more threatening than her temper. As all of them stood there for almost 1 hour; they had been waiting for her final verdict, thinking of all kinds of existing gruesome punishments.

"So he refused, isn't it?"

"Y-yes mam, we had tried our best to convince him, threaten him but, he - he wasn't ready to come... we're sorr -"

"And you sw***s couldn't drag him here! What kind of a useless trash have you hir -"

"Calm down Jai."

Divya strolled up to the trembling men;

"All of them are my most obedient and trusted workers. What else did my beloved son tell you?"